or Connect

Posts by becca_j

So my almost 5 year old has been obsessively finger/hand licking.  Like every few seconds. He says they are dry but they don't seem to be and lotion doesn't help.    He does not seem to be a particularly sensitive child but I am wondering if it is anxiety.   He hasn't been diagnosed but he seems to have some ADHD tendencies but so far has not have any issues in school.    Every where on the web handlicking seems to be linked with special needs/OCD....
Wel, I will just add I was one of those kids that DID get stiches in my tongue. I was held down by all the staff they coud gather- I had a big metal thing in my mouth holding it open and my tongue out. They could not sedate or give any numbing. They said there was no time due to the bleeding. To tell you the truth I remember the injury happening and afterwards but don't even remember being in the emergency room.
My 13 month old has taken to running around with his eyes closed. Any one else have a kid that did this?
I like a chicken soup (which is best made ahead anyway) in a crock pot. Served with a nice salad and some nice warm rolls buffet style it's pretty easy.
I am seeking ways of entertaining a busy 13 month old boy. The days seem long! We paint, go to the library, the gymnastics gym 3 times a week, tear up paper , look at books, bathe for entertainment almost every day, cimb up and down the stairs, play with tupperware, playdoh, playgroup.... Now what do I do with the other 8 hours a day?? He is (I HOPE) going thru a phase of clingy & whiny but he's always been EXTREMELY busy. My MIL who had day cares her whole...
sholan in leominster-- it's a non profit
So my 9 month old makes a strnge sound lately when he gets excited and inhales he makes a sort of wheezy sound. He makes LOTS of strange sounds so DP thinks he's just playing.. but I don't think so. I have a call into Dr but.. of course that never happens fast enough for a Mom's nerves... Familiar to anyone??? thanks for your time. beccahttp://flickr.com/photos/58699128@N0...7606486241214/
Thanks all for the support. Getting up at 4 in the morning to work-- getting to bed at 11.... Sig other travels for work... Sometimes it all gets a little too much. Especially when I cant get out of the house with out Will crying till he vomits in the back seat. I count my blessings all the time when I know so many people go through so much with their children, sickness, etc. But damn-- sometimes I guess I need a that-a-girl. Thanks for the diet advise. Good...
hates the car Hates sleeping not a good eater fussy screams alot/most of the day not good napper not "happy baby" not cuddly. He's 8 months. Had colic. He is soo much work. All the time. I been trying to be patient waiting for the good, easier baby to show up. Will this come?? I'm trying. Cheerful, always playing with him. I really am a dedicated Mom. Is this a sign of difficult things like Autism/Aspergers? Did anyone have a...
So I have an ALMOST 6 month old and I started back to work this week. Two ten hour days a week. I came home after being gone since 5:00 am and he doesn't even seem to notice me or be that interested coming to me. I really am glad he seems happy enough with out me (secretly wish there was some obvious way I knew he's thrilled to have me home). Is this normal? I am lucky enough for this time till fall I have TWO grandparents and my partner here in the house to watch him...