or Connect

Posts by nancy926

Some fabric does have limitations on how you can use it...I am thinking of Heather Ross' Lightning Bugs series, and some fabric put out by Munki Munki. Online it will say "personal use only" or some such. I think if you buy it secondhand or scraps, it's difficult to know. I doubt you would be prosecuted for making, say, a skirt and trying to sell it on Etsy. OTOH if you had yards and yards of something and were making multiple items out of it, it's possible someone...
In Vt, people are gracious about it....I do not mean to tailgate, but apparently the other day, someone thought I was, because he pulled over and let me pass, and then pulled back out on the road. I try to do this whenever someone appears to be tailgating me (not often), and give people the benefit of the doubt. Pay it forward, as it were.
Okay...this is sort of OT, but not really. I am a WAHM and DH is a SAHD. He is talking about going to nursing school in the fall. He already has a BS in biology, so there are some classes he can test out of, but he will have to do all the clinicals, etc (for an RN). The kids will be 4 and 6.5 when he starts. Is he going to be gone, like, all the time? My job is not all that flexible - I can take hours off here or there, but not half-days several times a week or...
I agree with 4evermom - you do not have to answer every question he has. I think it's actually better to just let some things remain unknown. I mean, I don't know when money was invented either, and I can't explain what makes it windy. Those are fun things to think about, though. Answering every question implies that every question HAS an answer, and that's just not the case. I grew up thinking that grown-ups already knew everything and there was nothing new to...
We have used MI Paste since my younger DD was about 2. We use it before bed and rub it on the teeth with a finger. It is okay to swallow. You also can brush with it if you think that will work better. My DD's teeth are still discolored but the cavitated areas are now strong and hard.
It might be that she has an overbite because her lower jaw is not growing as fast as it should. That would explain the crowding and the overbite (which might really be an overjet). The overbite does not really "cause" the crowding - they are both stemming from the same problem (lower jaw development). Getting treated at this age will be easier than having it done as an adult.
Well, I can sleep through the night now, and eat breakfast with no one on my lap, and (usually) take a shower by myself. So to me, things are WAY easier. And I agree with Daffodil...as they get older and can do more things WITH you, rather than you having to do things FOR them, it gets way easier (in my worldview). And fun. I do not think it's fun to have someone pulling off my pants, begging to be picked up. I *do* think a 2-hr hike with my older kid is lots of...
None with my first DD. LOTS with my second DD. I was in better shape to begin with when I got pregnant with my first DD, and we lived in a more humid climate. Not sure if either of those mattered, though! DD2 was bigger than DD1 (8'7" vs 6'12") but I gained the same amount of weight with each of them.
We're unschoolers, I guess....DD is officially in K. She loves math and is asking for math workbooks...I had looked at Singapore, and she would be doing 1B. I may get that workbook to see if she likes it. JUMP math looks interesting, too, though. More suggestions welcome! She is very V-S, for sure. She's also asked us to teach her to read, so we're doing "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons". We're on lesson 22 or so - we go through about 2 lessons a...
We just take our kids out trick or treating (to about 10 houses) and then let them eat the candy. Apparently that is unusual these days. My older DD saves a lot of her candy in her room. She knows she can go there whenever she wants and have as much as she wants. I'd say she goes for weeks without having any, and then she will have a couple of pieces a day for a few days. Then it goes back to nothing. Sometimes I think I *should* monitor the candy thing more,...