or Connect

Posts by nancy926

I haven't read the whole thread....but WalMart could be giving away organic food, and I still would not buy it. I agree that it's not just about the "organic" label. We can thankfully walk to an organic farm, so summer and fall we eat a LOT of fresh organic fruits and veggies. Otherwise we just try to eat as healthfully as we can...winter is tough in the colder states, though I did just find organic blueberries on sale for cheaper than non-organic! I have a neighbor...
I say if it works, do it. I read "Stuart Little" to our 4-y-o DD but since then she hasn't wanted another chapter book. She still prefers books with lots of colorful pictures, so I have just been looking for picture books that are more text heavy.
My daughter loves maps too...I ordered a bunch from AAA but they haven't arrived yet. We have a few map puzzles that she does often. I like the beanbag idea...and now I'm thinking about getting that puzzle! It looks really cool. BTW Penguins don't live in the Arctic....only in/near the Antarctic.
I never really introduced cow's milk as a drink. But my situation is different from yours in that I was not trying to plan out a second pregnancy. I did try soy milk with my older daughter, but she wasn't interested. My DH does NOT drink milk (can't stand the taste) so I was somewhat worried my DDs might be allergic. They don't seem to be, but neither of them asks for milk to drink. They drink water, with juice maybe once a month. They do love yogurt, cheese and ice...
Trying again with the book challenge...I'm shooting for about 1 book per week, so 52 for the year. I was stuck in the Philly airport all day Friday so I made it through 3! 1) A Paper Life, by Tatum O'Neal - a fast, interesting read, though it's sad really to read about her childhood. Not the best edited book though. 2) Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli - a young-adult book that's won numerous awards. I don't know...I found it a bit overdone for my tastes. He says in...
Positive thoughts for you and your family.
Quote: Originally Posted by USAmma I think my kids had it but it could have been something else. A little vomiting, a little diahrhea. High fevers (103.5) for 2-3 days, followed by croupy cough. Yes! My younger DD had this. I think the vomiting was from coughing so hard, though. She is back to her old self but has an intermittent wet cough. Now the older DD has it (no cough though) and has vomited once...I think that was from tylenol on an empty...
William Petersen is acting in a play in Rhode Island right now. That's why his character is being written out for awhile. He is coming back, though.
My DH has been a SAHD since DD1 was born. He's awesome! DD1 is now 4, and we have DD2 now, who is 16 mos. I work at home so I'm here, but I have to be doing my job most of the day so there's no way I could watch the kids AND work. He is laid back, patient, and willing to let them jump on his abdomen repeatedly. We are so lucky! He has met quite a few other at-home dads in our town (only about 3,300 people in the town, so that seems like a lot!) and our kids have...
What Roar and mamaduck said. A 16-month-old is not defiant, nor does he/she have "attitude". He is not "proving" anything to you. He is just starting to understand the world. Prevention is key. Don't take anything personally. And redirection is a life-saver.