or Connect

Posts by VeganPregnancy

Just my personal experience but my HBAC (w/ a totally hands off midwife) if a 10lb 1 oz baby (no GD) was easier than my UC-BAC of a 8lb 14oz baby last week. Had nothing to do with midwife vs. UC or size. I'd say positioning had a lot more to do with ease of birth than size ever does! All my babies are "big" by normal standards... Over 8 lbs, but that is "normal" for me and my body. And yes all the U/S estimates were off for all 4 of my kids! There was a study that showed...
Yeah, I took some motrin and it helped. I'll probably take one more dose since I'm a little stiff (and I mean my shoulders and knees from dropping to all fours and back up then down again so fast). The one nice thing about assisted was so many people to help me up and down and in and out of the tub etc. this time meant so much running around for DH. Nope I didn't tear. Didn't tear a bit with the 10lber with 16.5 inch shoulders either #4 for me so I'm very stretchy I guess.
"Who photo" was "whoo hoo" auto corrected lol
After about 3 weeks of prodromal labor I finally had him tonight at 8:20pm EST!!!! Fast and rough for active and transition but still just three pushes and he was out! Cord was around he neck twice but it was loose and long and he was just fine. Not as easy as my HB of my 10lb 1ozer! And he's only 8lb 14ish but he gave me a run for my money. I am sore all over from the last stretch and jumping into random positions to push... I don't have any homeopathic stuff on hand......
The last post mentioned eating raw placenta... My last super hippie midwife was a fan of the raw placenta bite.  But she told us that if it grossed you out (at the time) then you don't need it. If the idea of eating it is not a big deal after the birth, then you may, in fact, need it. After my HB it was still unappealing to me, so the midwife said there was no need to try. :)   I'm a doula and attended a friend's HB (using the same HB midwife) who had PPH in a prior...
What a great UC success story! Loving the photo on the leaf too!!
So cute!! Congrats!!!
Pretty sure baby has move to LOA!  DH checks me, I can't reach and he feels very unsure of what he feels since he is still learning (he checked me w/ midwife's guidance at our last HB but only for dilation). A few days ago I felt the baby moved due to his kicks not being so hard on my stomach. DH felt the soft spot today and the sutures and we mapped it out that the baby is likely LOA! My contractions have moved from my back (and high up) to belly contractions. These feel...
Today is 41w.  So.... I really love the part of UC that no attendant bugs me with their opinions medical or otherwise... but I also feel like when I have had a midwife or doctor in the past, I was forced to be overly confident kind of as a show for them that, "I know I can do this even if you don't and I'm gonna prove it to you." and that sort of attitude helped ME to actually be confident since I was repeating this mantra all the time and standing up for myself. But with...
I found that it was impossible to get info online about UC birth certs in my state (CT) but when I went in to the Vital Records office there was a nifty little packet they gave me and a nice woman who I spoke to. I am supposed to take the baby in within 10 days to see the doctor according to the paperwork packet. Our doctor already knew I was planning a HB so it'll just be a "Oh no one ended up being there. Can you check the baby?" deal. They are on board with crunchy...