or Connect

Posts by iris777888

Yes, thank you! I replied there but I think the comment is still waiting in moderation. No, I haven't changed anything at all about my diet (we're vegan) and my weight is stable. The only thing that's changed, other than the nursing ceasing, is that I did quit my full time job a couple months before the hair loss began.
Thank you. I will get in touch with my provider to see if she can run these tests. In September we did TSH with reflex free T-4, hemoglobin, and hematocrit, so certainly not comprehensive.
No to all of these, which is why it has been a bit perplexing. I did quit my full time job a few months before this started, so have made changes to my daily schedule and amount/types of exercise, but my diet, weight, etc are not much different than before.
I don't think it necessarily has to be a reason to wean. I remember getting a claustrophobic/need to flee/move sort of feeling for a while when he was younger but it went away and I managed to continue nursing until my son was ready to stop (5yo). Sometimes if it got really bad I would just say I needed a quick break, would go pee or even just wash my hands or something, then come back. If you take a quick break does that help you to get over it? He didn't like having to...
Ever since my 5yo stopped nursing regularly about 6 months ago I have been experiencing hair loss. I have always had very thick hair but now it is thinning all over and it's becoming especially noticeable along my part line. I did not experience any major post-partum hair loss that I can recall (most certainly nothing like this). It's very disconcerting.   Is it possible that the hair loss is related to hormone fluctuation due to weaning? If so, how long might it...
My son is 5 and quit nursing a few months ago. After being at least a few sips every night, it was a few weeks of nursing a couple times a week, then only once every so often for a couple months, until he was finally done. It didn't seem sudden. However, since around the same time he quit the daily nursing, my hair has been falling out and continues to do so. It has always been realllly thick but now there is much less overall and it's noticeably thinning along my part...
Here's a big list of conferences and gatherings happening all over the place! http://www.unschooler.com/conferences/   We're going to the Unschoolers Waterpark Gathering in Ohio in early Feb, will be our first time going to a conference and we're all very excited!  
I know exactly what you're saying! I feel the same about 99.9% of the time. It blows my mind that some of the people who were in our birth class or homeschool group with oldest children my son's age (5 1/2) are already having their second, third or even fourth kids!! Personally, I absolutely loved being pregnant but I don't want to do it all again and don't feel it would be right for our family for so many reasons.
Welcome, Daisy and Anna!
Here's a study I just came across via another MDC discussion. It mentions some potential cons: http://lup.sagepub.com/content/21/2/223.abstract