or Connect

Posts by iris777888

They do make clear Gatorade, but it can be hard to find. We tracked some down, I think it was called Ice Punch. Not sure if it comes in powder form.
I was given an Ameda pump and purchased the dual hygenikit here. That seemed to have all I needed. I've been pumping with it for near a month and like it so far.
Can't speak to most of your questions but as for going without numbing - it's totally doable if the filling isn't the very deep kind. Not all dentists are willing to do that though for fear you'll be jumpy and move at a bad time. It's a different kind of pain than with birth, but if you can focus and breathe through you should be fine. The actual drilling/painful part is very short and it's so nice not to be numb for hours after. You can always try w/out and stop them if...
Good for you for looking out for the child's best interests. I can't help with what to do if she does vax, but I can tell you what our (former) ped did at our 2 month appt last week when we refused his shots. She seemed upset we'd question her authority, told us that any sort of delay would be extremely detrimental and that as soon as we finished our research to come in immediately - the sooner the better and no need to wait for our 4 mo appt, kept implying that our...
Ugh, dental issues are no fun. I don't have a lot to say on point 1, but as for 2 and 3 - if they do perform an extraction there are things that they can do to make sure you don't lose functionality or misalign your other teeth - like a bridge, implant or other replacement of some sort. They'd probably recommend you novocaine, lidocaine, or something else to numb you before the extraction so it wouldn't have to hurt much. Most everything at the dentist is said to be OK...
If your still on mat. leave, staying at home or maybe just have a free weekend, try doing all or most of your feedings lying down for awhile. When my babe was about 3 wks old I did a couple days of this and it helped tremedously to have all that intense practice (for both of us), with several in the day light so I could watch what's going on. Also, it gets better as they get older and have more head control. Good for you for wanting the best for your babe and good luck!!
DH got up in the night to help in the beginning, and would get up now if I wanted him to, but he doesn't wake up unless the babe is crying hard. Since we've got BF down now and co-sleep this rarely happens. I will be the one going back to work next week (he's going to stay home) so I will have to try and remember to utilize his help if I feel like I need it. Most times I am just hesitant and want to let him sleep since I know how nice it is to get that rest. ETA - It is...