or Connect

Posts by iris777888

I'm wondering what to do with things like crystal bowls, vases, figurines, snow globes, etc. We got a lot of these things for our wedding and for the most part they've sat unused for years.   They've very nice, in some cases somewhat expensive pieces. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing I could put on e-bay because they'd be hard to ship and I find myself very hesitant to bring them to goodwill or put them on freecycle. I think it's because I perceive they have...
Interested to see the responses too. I had this problem even pre-nursing and did not find many good options other than either stretchy bras without the molded style cups or buying the kind with removable pads and leave padding in for the smaller side. 
Mine came back at around 15 months pp, but was pretty irregular for another year or so after that. It's finally straightened out now, though is just as heavy as ever. (Was hoping it would lighten up post baby!) I was back to work full time at 10 weeks, pumped twice a day. He took bottles of breast milk while I was away and fed on demand (including during the night) whenever I was home. He sort of reverse cycled, really dropped his bottle-based consumption after a few...
As ma2two said, you have to specifically ask to be taken off their list. Telling them no is not enough, as they'll just put you on the call back list. I've seen it mentioned in similar threads on here, and remember that as well from my very limited time as a telemarketer the summer after high school.   We've never gotten called for this survey, but I'm wondering if it's just because we don't have a land line. Has anyone gotten called on their cell?
I was thinking Indian food immediately too, but don't have any good recipes of my own to share. Sorry! (  We usually try to include lots of carbs for our son.) I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but wanted to mention that PCRM specifically promotes a vegan diet to diabetics. Check out their resource guide at http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/diabetes_book/index.html which includes many meal suggestions and accompanying recipes at...
It may be hard to figure out when you're just starting out, but pretty much anything can be made vegetarian, even vegan! What kind of stuff does she like?   If you join the VRG parents yahoo group, you'll see tons of recipes come through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vrgparents/ , It's also a good place to get advice about how to deal with other issues you might run across as a parent of a veg kid, like birthday parties, school, etc.  Some of parents are veg...
I'm thinking heat rash too.
First and only, born at 39 1/2 weeks, about 10-hour labor total. It was a totally natural birth with CNM in a hospital setting, no complications or tears. I was given pit after my labor to help deliver the placenta, though not quite sure why.   In the hospital I was at, I understand that the midwives are given a lot more leeway than the OBs. So it could have gone a completely different way just by having a different provider. The only thing I had to do and didn't...
I really like the reminder that constant re-evaluation is a good thing. I apply that approach to many other aspects of my life, but never gave it a thought in regard to this choice.   I'm like 99% sure that we only want one, but occasionally the doubting thoughts creep in. I find myself picking names I'd like to use if we ever had a girl for instance and get a twinge of sadness knowing I'll never get to use it. I wonder about how my son would react to a sibling....
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they can't be licensed just as naturopaths but can practice openly. There are several people in the area that do promote themselves as NDs, but are licensed for something else, like chiropractic or massage therapy. In Iowa City I'm thinking of Dr. Jason Bradley and one or more of the people at Eastwind Healing Center. I can't recommend any one in particular, as I haven't seen any of them personally. The one I had recommended...