or Connect

Posts by iris777888

He is still limping today. Not that I expected the chiro visit to be a miracle cure. He didn't say it would be, but also didn't recommend any long term treatment plan, or say anything that led me to believe this was anything but a short term problem. It's in a situation like this where I wish we had a strong relationship with a doctor that we could trust fully. We like ours OK, but he's not that available lately (that branch has grown rapidly) and he's not that...
Thank you for the reply, Nicole. We are definitely taking this seriously, and your post really underscores the reasons for doing that. I got myself all worked up looking things up last night even though I knew better. At this point it could still be anything! We took him to an ICPA chiro today, decided to try that route first. I have concerns about the heavy handed approach the GP's office is likely to push, and lately it's been near impossible to see our main doc on...
I think the tingling symptoms may all just stem from the anxiety. That was the only symptom I had when it started for me and it took me a long time to figure out that was wrong, including all sorts of tests to rule out things like MS, tumors, etc. For me that is a major stress response. It comes and goes in severity, may just be a few fingers, my feet, or whole body including my tongue! The important thing to differentiate is that it doesn't come with any related weakness...
Since Sunday our 3yo DS seems to having a problem with his gait. It sort of looks like he is limping. I can't be sure, but it looks like something is up with his left leg/foot. When he walks up the stairs, it looks like it's severely overpronating. He says it doesn't hurt, doesn't react when I press on it, etc. but there is very clearly something not quite right as it is obviously effecting his walking/running. AFAIK he hasn't had any falls or other trauma. The only...
These! http://theppk.com/blog/2009/09/16/me...nickerdoodles/ They are fabulous and in my experience universally liked by non-vegans that try them.
We put them in the large ziplock bags. (If you didn't want plastic you could easily sew rectangular bags and do velcro or a zipper at the end.) They can then be stacked, put in baskets, on shelves, etc. Our library puts in a hole with grommet and then hangs them from hooks.
Our DS had his first night away a few months after he turned three. We left him with his grandma, the person he is closest to after DH and I. We first tried it out on a night where we could come get him if needed, in preparation to leave him a few weeks later to go to an out of town event. It went great! Grandma had new activities for him, special jammies, etc. and made it super fun. It meant an extra night apart, but gave us peace of mind when we were further away...
One thing to check into is whether there are any auction houses in your area that have consignment auctions. Then you can just load up your stuff, bring it to them and let them price and sell it. They do take a cut, but they also put in the work to get the buyers there, handle payment, etc. To me it seems like a better option than just giving away valuable items. I just found out we have such a place in our area and am strongly thinking about trying it out. Another option...
I generally use the Flylady's zone stuff, even though I don't do them on her schedule at all. Here's the detailed cleaning list for each zone. http://flylady.net/images/Detailed_Cleaning_Lists.pdf The suggestion is to do at least 15 minutes a day working on each zone, but I usually end up just trying to work on at least a couple items per week.
I know all white tile for the bathroom looks good, but did you give any thought to how hard that would be to keep clean? It's no wonder you made everyone take their shoes off to step foot in the place. A single step on that tile and it's filthy. How did you choose the paint colors? Was it just whatever happened to be on clearance that day? And would it have been too much trouble to put something like Kilz on underneath since you knew the guy that lived here was a...