or Connect

Posts by Wildcrafter

You must be so happy about your decision. Your boss may be pretty surprised if they haven't had any clue as of yet. And only week could really strap them. Hopefully they will be supportive and happy for you. But if you feel it's necessary, maybe you could offer to help tie any loose ends up or assist in some other way with their transition. Something that would involve bringing baby in a sling or something? Just a thought I had after reading your post. Just...
Ok, so trying to put on a positive spin..... I know you guys know what I mean when I say sometimes it's harder when dh IS home. At this point he's a novelty and it gets the kids all wound up. And a schedule is what makes things doable and when he's around the schedule seems to get lost. So one positive way to look at it is that we have complete control of our regular schedule!!! And I learn to appreciate him more when he's not around. When he does have a day of...
Here's a few tips from a dishwasher-less mom of three (3, 3, and 6). Paper plates - you can compost the cheapies and rinse and reuse the not-so-cheapies. (this from the woman who uses no paper napkins or paper towels!) have snacks on the table (sound beastly?) no plates Do dishes a certain number of times and try not to let a full sink get to you. I will do dishes 3 times a day and that's it. The rest can wait until morning. Use the grill. No messy...
Do you ever feel like you've lost your adult social skills since leaving the work force and entering kid-land? I have trouble now making friends and can't seem to figure this out. Sometimes I say really stupid things and wonder after what the heck was I thinking. Are we so immersed in our children we've forgotten how to act outside of being a mommy? Out of practice? Hmm.
Yep, I'm in. Dh is a carpenter and this time of year works a full time job and has numerous side jobs going. He works sun-up to sun-down. He's had 3 days off since April. It feels pretty overwhelming sometimes being on your own with little ones. I don't think parenting was designed to be a solo act and those parents who are doing it should get lots of extra credit. It's hard for both of us -he's working outside in blazing heat today and here I sit taking a quick...
I went with a backpack/sling combo and later, once they were on their feet, would alternate the backpack (they both loved it!) while one had floor time or in stroller. Carrying two got hard for me as they got bigger. As soon as they can sit up they can be in the backpack. I used that thing ALL the time.
Have you had an intolerance test done by a naturopath? Our Ped wouldn't test for allergies because they said ds didn't seem allergy type even though he's had eczema and breathing trouble with rsv. Recent nightmarish hospitalization of all three kids due to rsv (respiratory virus which caused asthma like symptoms and breathing difficulty) led us down a different path. They wanted to put kids on prednisone, singular, bronchiolator and gave us nebulizer. Instead of all...
I just got through nightweaning my twins. I started when they were 2 and gradually reduced the nursings. The first time to say no was the hardest!! You just got to commit and get through the first few nights. Singing a lot helped me. Rubbing their back and singing. We still nurse for a couple minutes before going to bed and then we go all night until about 5 when I nurse them both and try to get them back to sleep. Sometimes they still wake up at other times but not...
The hindmilk that comes at the end of each feeding is what will get that baby pooping so make sure she is nursing long enough. She can handexpress a bit to see if the milk is bluish (at beginning) or creamy white (fatty hindmilk at end). Hopefully her milk had come in by now!
Most of the fear of contamination was based on methods no longer used. Modern methods of equipment sanitation and proper storage are used throughout, pasteurized or not. Freshness and cleanliness are important factors (as with all food) so knowing your source and having a "good until" date should work. We all drink raw goat milk from a small local farm. I would be way more concerned about milk coming from unhealthy, non-organic animals.