or Connect

Posts by gcgirl

Candex. OMG, I wish they had this years ago. It's enzymes that dissolve yeast cell walls. I no longer crave sugar and haven't had a yeast infection since I started taking it.
ITA. NOT a good idea to leave a 4-year-old alone with a baby. Yikes! Guess you both learned something. ;) That's totally normal behavior for a 4-year-old.   
DS1 (4 yo) never had any redness or anything until yesterday, when the tip was red and he complained of pain when peeing. I put some antibiotic ointment on it and it went away.    DS2 (20 mos) has had two bouts of balanitis (foreskin infection). His skin is more sensitive to environmental triggers, so I think that's probably why he's more prone to problems. The ped told us to just put a little antibiotic ointment on it when it starts to look red and we can head off...
Yes. Over time, I have become the mean mommy to get my kid to sleep. He's been a lousy sleeper since birth - no rhythm, no signs of tiredness until it's too late, terrible behavior when he doesn't get enough sleep. He has trouble turning his brain off, which I get; I'm the same way. But the difference is, when I didn't get enough sleep as a child, I didn't cause trouble. I played by myself, read books, didn't bother people. He, OTOH, gets cranky, throws things,  hits...
Hey! I'm REALLY new to fermenting, and I've just started based on "Sandorkraut"'s recipes in Wild Fermentation. I'm making plain old garlic sauerkraut (smells delish) and a sourdough rye starter. The starter is looking good - I'm only on day 3 and it's bubbling away merrily. The sauerkraut smells pretty good too, and no mold (yes!).   Here's the problem: I'm going out of town next week (totally last minute thing), and I need to know - do I have to have someone come...
I rephrase ALL THE TIME. It's great advice, but it doesn't work for us. :( He just doesn't seem to hear ANY of it until after the fact.
Okay, yes, I have read that link before.  
HI - thanks for your reply! Re: bath time - I don't actually wash the kids except once in a while. I definitely don't wash his penis or retract him or anything. The only soap I use is a very mild bubble bath, one like California Baby, and not every bath time. I have stripped my diapers more than once, and I have a great washer/dryer that washes on extra hot, and I do extra rinses every time and use very little soap.    The signs of infection are obvious - it starts...
Thanks for your response! Yeah, I've thought about it being a really mild sensory issues - he did mouth objects (mostly rocks) for a long time and is only reliably out of that stage for the last eight months or so. He also likes to eat dirt when he's tired, but I doubt that's part of this package!    For the longest time I chalked up his throwing/occasional hitting/"refusal" to follow directions as a stage, but I'm starting to notice other things that make me think...
I'll just jump right in...DS1 (almost 4) seems to never hear us when we say "stop, don't, freeze, put that down, don't throw that, etc...". On the surface one would assume he was just being deliberately willful, but after much observation, I think there is just something going on in his brain that makes him follow through with his planned action (throwing something, touching something we just told him not to, FINISHING whatever action he was working on or going toward)...