or Connect

Posts by gcgirl

don't! My friend gave birth to a 13-pounder last night, no drugs!
Quote: Originally Posted by acupuncturemomma Then he said, "A good girl would have gotten off her friend's bike after the last lap since her mom asked her to!" Your neighbor was setting your DD up for a verbal smackdown.
I agree with the PPs. I laughed when I saw the title of this thread. Arguing "for no reason?" That's her job!
I agree with the PPs. I laughed when I saw the title of this thread. Arguing "for no reason?" That's her job!
DS1 does this, and it doesn't bother me. What's hilarious is how he starts out calling "Mom?" and if I don't answer right away, it gets a little louder: "MOM?" and if I still haven't answered he shouts my name.
Quote: Originally Posted by happysmileylady I can't comment on a special needs meltdown and how it should be handled. But to the question what do I think when I see a child meltdown and mom not reacting much...I give the kid a "pity" look, the one that says "oh, poor little guy" but I also assume that he's probably done something he's not supposed to. Why would you assume that? My son had a rare meltdown the other night when we left miniature...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluebird9 I haven't gotten to the age of temper tantrums yet myself (mostly), so I don't know from personal experience how I'm going to handle it on a day to day basis. However, to be on the other side of what seems to be everyone else's reaction, I have been totally shocked before by parents' apparent neglect when their kids seemed to need them (to my perspective). I was on the train this last week and I watched a two year old...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa1970 If you see a child having a complete meltdown in public and the mom is not rushing over and falling all over the child, what do you think? I think "Good for her. She's not caving in to public pressure and trying to shush her kid."
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackenzie I don't see what the big deal is when he is not there but when he is, I this it's reasonable to have a more organized dinner, if that makes him happy. This is EXACTLY what I was going to say.
3 is still young to GET it. DS1 is almost 3, and while he is VERY verbal, it doesn't mean he gets cause and effect. I can't "talk him down"; I still have to physically remove him from the open refrigerator, pushing his little brother, climbing on the counter, etc... Give it time.