or Connect

Posts by giftedwith2

Edward does give a few reasons in the books about why he is attracted to/loves Bella. The scent of her blood drew him too her as much as it repulsed him for making him desire human blood but he does not think of it as a reason to love her. He mentions several times how difficult the scent makes it to be around her and in later books acknowledges he'll be glad when she's changed and doesn't carry that scent anymore. Edward finds her physically attractive and grows more...
My13y/o DD, her freind my 10y/o son and I saw it last night. The book is MUCH better. The movie skipped the teasing/ relationship building elements of the book and jumped from scene to scene. They could have played up the girls clumsiness in gymclass and her fainting in biology not only to add some humor but show how the pattern of the vampire's "rescuing" her from silly stuff pushes them into situations where they develop a friendship. It's really difficult from the movie...
I'd call the school and get the teachers side before jumping to a conclusion. If it appears your dd's version is accurate NO WAY would I allow it to happen. If she forgets her book-fine then she has to catch up or suffer the consequences of being unprepared. I would keep her home rather than make her endure in school suspension. I'd ask for her assignments and insist that the point of school is to get an education and that my child would learn better doing her assignments...
Obviously the neighbor mom isn't comfortable with a sleepover and frankly she has every right to make those kinds of decisions for her own child. She may have a reason for saying "no" that might offend you so she is choosing not to elaborate. It's possible that she saw behavior from your son that concerned her that you may not be aware of. She may have just become so annoyed by being asked everyday when she has made it clear that she or her husband are not comfortable that...
What is g mail? Is it the same as email? And could someone please tell me what server they use that lets them get copies of emails sent to their kids and lets you share a password? My kids aren't allowed on the web without supervision right now but will be taking online classes through a distance school starting Sept. They will need to email assignments and questions to their teacher. DD is getting her own lap top in a few days. I respect my kids privacy and don't intend...
Quote: Why is that when we share some of our practices that women have done for centuries...homebirth, eating and honoring of the placenta, breastfeeding well beyond the baby years, homeschooling and on and on that we need to oh-so-politely emphasize that it's "our choice and not for everyone"? You certainly dont need to emphasize that "this is our choice and not for everyone" to me. I was clear in my post that TO ME eating a placenta is...
EWWWWW! I can respect the whole using it to nourish plants and the symbolic nature of using it to support new life but....[I]eating it?[I] Its a HUMAN organ!!! Seriously.... to me its just wayyy too gross-practically cannibilism!
Honestly, I would cry, pray for her and worry over her....but I would send her back. My answer would be very different if there weren't other small children in the home but there are. You have a responsibility to prevent the abue that happenned to this poor child(something you cannot undo) from happenning to your own children-this you CAN prevent. I'm so sorry for you and for her.
Nope... apparently they arent restricted to a certain type-and I'm glad to hear it! I'm the OP. I was only speaking for myself personally. I thought I was too "old" too conservative and too serious for video games and thoght them to be a favoourite pastime of younger age groups. It is after all an electronic TOY! LOL! I was not saying they "should" be restricted to any type but admittedly did not think I was the "type" to be interested. As I said I've been pleasantly...
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I cant wait to check out that site with DD!