or Connect

Posts by noahandlinasmom

I would personally buy it with a clear inspection if it was a fabulous deal, however I had no idea houses were so expensive in Illinois and the taxes!! Yikes!! Our taxes are only $700 ish a year. I will show you an example of a house you could get for $400,000 here in our neck of the woods (southern Oregon) http://www.coldwellbankerholmanpremi...&pgsz=&PO=True
We are house broke. We only make about $20K a year and our mortgage is over half of that. We do live in a nice neighborhood, but it is an association of condos with big yards. I feel safe at night and trust all my neighbors. For us, we are just on the poorer side despite our mortgage. At first it was very hard, and at times it still is, but I also think it has to do with your outlook and attitude. Knowing that I can send the kids in the backyard to play without worrying...
We also need about $200 less than the thrifty plan for our family...doesn't it make you wonder what in the world the average american is eating and how they are spending their money??? Their are families in are price bracket that are spending over $8,500 more a year than us- I could do a lot with that kind of money- that's almost as much as my mortgage for a year!
Before you get too upset with my response, let me tell you, I understand. My husband loves fast food and has put over $700 on credit in the last 3 years. However, you really can't change him, he will have to want to change himself. Taking his credit card away is not going to make him suddenly realize his bad habit, it's probably just going to make him resentful and want to buy it even more just to gain his control back. It sounds to me that you want an equal marriage, but...
Don't have time right now to read all the posts, but I love what I have read so far. I am sure there are problems with the system, but I also believe that there is a bigger problem with our country. There is too much value placed on one's intelligence rather that who a person is. I actually wrote a short piece on the subject before and how I think it is horrible that we "idolize" those in a high paying field while thinking less of those who don't make as much. Dr. so and...
Growing up, my family was poor but not frugal. I remember however, that I always viewed our poverty as an outcome to wastefullness, although it was probably a good mix of income and wastefullness. I remember getting so angry with my parents because they wouldn't let me run the finances at age 10, I could certainly pay the bills and buy groceries better than they did. Even now, I still see so much overspending and wastefullness in their lives, my mom always makes frugal...
I probably only wash my kids hair with shampoo once every 7-10 days- it's never oily, and it seems healthier when it's not washed as often.
My husbands is eating out/snacks, mine is clothes for my kids/thrift store shopping.
We will probably only make about 17-20k this year and we own a home. Our mortgage takes up about 40-47% of our income plus utilities. We also live about 10 miles from town, so we can't really walk or bike safely (highway like roads) to run errands. It's funny, I would have to say we don't have enough to live comfortably, but I can't differentiate our income now and when we made $20,000 more. 20k more makes my mind spin and yet when we had it, it still felt like an...
I think they are supposed to be free of any ingredients that have been found to be linked to cancer. I bought one set after really liking the samples, but now I can't use half of it because it dries my face out badly.