or Connect

Posts by bigeyes

Quote: Originally Posted by Turquesa Yes. They insist on "Happy Holidays" and refuse to say "Merry Christmas." On a more serious note.... http://www.alternet.org/workplace/35610/ Thank you! Target has the same practices as Walmart, yet they get a free pass from the same people who squawk loudly about what a devil Walmart is. Drives me nuts. If one is bad, they both are. As long as our country allows companies to operate this way,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Livviesmom0207 Right?!?!?! If you only knew (maybe you do) why he was so angry at me last night...I seriously felt ill about what he inferred. I'm really angry for you. : I can understand someone being upset about not knowing where you were, but the bottom line is, he expects you to be perfect while he gets a pass for his behavior. Not cool. I suppose a case could be made for your 'forgetting to call' being tit...
Quote: Originally Posted by LionessMom found her. she was hiding under an abandoned trailer 2 trailers down from where i live. she came crying under the window last night and i had to go sit by the trailer and call for her. i finally got her to come out. :
I imagine things will be better when he realizes he isn't your dad.
At our bus company we were told to insist people sit facing forward, for example, so someone wouldn't get their head slammed into the the front of a seat in an accident and sue us because of a neck injury. There are reasons for certain rules. Of course, I'm of the opinion if you get in a wreck in a bus you're pretty much screwed since there aren't seatbelts. Our supervisors would review tapes from the cameras that ran on all the buses and we got in trouble if they saw...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sierra That's been my experience too. Also, I realize some moms are just better moms than I am, and some children are just "better behaved" than my children, but when my kids are fussy, I have only occassionally found it was because I wasn't prepared with toys and snacks (snacks technically are not allowed on the bus anyway. though)...usually I am the flushing, flustered mama who is trying to figure out how to keep my crying...
Quote: Originally Posted by felix23 ~ I hate that stupid song "The Christmas Shoes" (Seriously, people look horrified when I tell them that I think it is a silly song) You're not alone there. Captain Crunchy and I totally bonded over a mutual loathing for that song. Maybe she'll publish her critique of the song on her blog this year around Christmastime for those of you who missed it if we ask nicely. I hate Christmas songs in general. ...
Some bus drivers are UAVs I'm sure, but some of them are moms. As a former bus driver I'm appalled that anyone was treated this way.
Quote: Originally Posted by _betsy_ At Target, I had DD1 (2.5) in the cart and DD2 in a sling. The cashier proceeded to have a loud conversation with another cashier about how she'd "never do *that* with a baby (jerking her head in my direction) because it's, like, so unsafe, you know? And, like, who wants to be that close to a kid for that long, right?" I told her I didn't come to Target looking for ignorant parenting advice, and could she please double...
Quote: Originally Posted by sugareemoma Yesterday morning a bus driver told me I needed to get my 's*it' together & take my child out of that thing if I was going to ride his bus! I had my dd in a Hemp Diddymos Indio which cost more than the two strollers that were allready on the bus. I told the guy not to be such an a** to people he doesn't know & waited for the next bus! I would have asked for his supervisor's name.