or Connect

Posts by bigeyes

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow I'm sorry you have been hurt. thanks. I can't figure out if I just look sympathetic, or gullible, or if I have some bizarre past life cr@p that makes this stuff keep happening. It's just uncanny how many times I've run into compulsive liars. I don't know statistically how many there are in the world, but sometimes it feels like I've met all of them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinoikoi So I guess I disagree. I use lying to redirect young people (see previous posts) and I also use it to draw attention to an inappropriate behavior or statement for behavior modification without mentioning it directly. So I find it VERY useful indeed. Your lies are more humorous and meant to make a point. I'm talking about compulsive liars who do harm. I choose to avoid those people because they don't give a...
Quote: Originally Posted by weliveintheforest I'm someone who lied all the time growing up, for no real reason. I think I said things that I wanted to be true. Anyway, I didn't think people were idiots, it was nothing like that, I just lived in a fantasy world See, when someone lies to me about something so obvious on a daily basis, as so many compulsive liars I've known have, to me it's like saying you're so stupid you won't even see through...
Quote: Originally Posted by RiverSky The one who lied about having cancer actually had Munchausen's Syndrome...not that it makes it any more pleasant. What do you know, my mother lied about having cancer 3 times... niiiiice.....so yes, I can relate to that one. I also have a SIL who is some sort of compulsive liar. I do think she has a personality disorder, perhaps some mental illness and addiction issues, but I don't know how much those things affect...
Elope. I made the mistake of letting my mother pay for a wedding instead of eloping. It ruined my relationship with my brother who I still don't speak with to this day. It was nerve wracking and awful. It was oine more thing she had to hold over my head even though I never wanted a wedding in the first place. Ugh. The story she tells is so far removed from the truth it isn't even funny, and I wish we'd just run off somewhere, especially since I ended up divorcing him...
oh yeah, I forgot, I record Bill Maher too. How on earth did I forget that?
Quote: Originally Posted by lisasaurus Portland Oregon I feel like there is going to be an opportunity to move somewhere else before that 5 years is up, and you'll take it. There is a financial reason for it, whether that means a better job, keeping a job, or what, I'm not sure.
Quote: Originally Posted by tinyblackdot Hm....my first one was fine. Actually my health and DDs where fine. But DDs health since has been all over the place and we are waiting on a possible diagnosis, which could be genetic......and i had some issues after my dds birth when a IUD perforated my uterus, and DH and i are having issues. Pluss i work in a bar, and i am going to school and trying to get a job in that field, but i just keep getting things put...
Quote: Originally Posted by triscuitsmom http://www.mothering.com/discussions...s/viewpost.gif I have been following this thread all along... it's awesome I have another question for you... Our littlest has had some breathing problems since not long after he was born. We thought he would outgrow it but he's almost 3 months old now and it's still just as bad... We are trying to find someone who can help us with any answers there may be for him now but I just...
Quote: Originally Posted by lisasaurus I asked something along the lines of: I really want to know if there is another child in my future, but instead i'll ask if this city will still be my home 5 years from now. feel free to answer whichever comes through. thank you! where are you now? PM me if you aren't comfortable saying in the thread.