or Connect

Posts by Mbella

As a former teacher I find it very insulting that parents would consider themselves the teacher's boss.  It is attitudes like that that made me leave teaching.
I live close to New York City and always hear wonderful things about the public high schools!     Dd is only 4 and still in preschool.  We are hoping she gets into the public magnet school (lottery) next year.  If she doesn't make it then she will go to the local Catholic school.  Unfortunately our neighborhood public elementary school is a failing school.  We want to move in the next few years back to the town that dh and I grew up in that has wonderful public schools. ...
Thanks for posting this!  I haven't visited her blog in a long time.  I used to read it everyday.  Those pictures of her new house are beautiful!  I would love to have a house just like that!
I saw this in a catalog yesterday.  It is cute, but I don't think it is waterproof.     http://www.cptoy.com/cgi-bin/pf.sh/2.0/product.htm?pf_id=NIN-98L&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=Updated20101104&utm_term=HOM  
I did not scratch or pick at the spots on my face and still got the scars. My parents warned me what would happen (scars) if I scratched them. I did not touch them, so it is not always the case that scarring means the person scratched. I was so careful and now I have to live with these scars. It really bothers me. We delay vax, and because of my experience my kids will eventually get the CP vaccine. DD will get it before she goes to kindergarten next year.
I have three very noticeable scars on my face from chicken pox. I had a pretty bad case when I was 11 years old. To be honest, I have always been very self-conscious of the scars.
I had my Mirena removed for this very reason about six months ago. I had it put in a couple of months after ds was born. I was fine the first year and I loved not having a period. The second year I kept getting infections - bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections. They never ended and I was miserable. I decided that it needed to come out! The day I had it taken out whatever infection I had at the time immediately disappeared and I haven't had another one since! I...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan One thing though, are branded characters limiting for 4-6 year olds the way they are for older kids? I know 8 year olds get into this "Buzz can't do THAT, Buzz does XYZ, Buzz always drives the BLUE car" mode. And 3 year olds have characters doing whatever they want "now Woody is a ballerina! And this car is his telephone! and Barbie comes over for a visit, and now everyone does jumping!!" What do kindergartners...
My two year old always sits in the seat of the shopping cart. If I have both kids with me grocery shopping I always get the cart that has the regular cart seat plus two bigger seats. My two year old ds sits in the cart seat and my 4 year old dd sits facing him in one of the bigger seats. Occasionally 3/4 of the way through the shopping trip she will have to walk beside me because ds tries to kick dd. I get nervous letting my kids walk around in a store with shopping...
We eat probably 90% organic on one income. I definitely buy most of it at the supermarket because it is much cheaper than at Whole Foods. I shop at Stop and Shop and they have their own organic brand called Nature's Promise and it is much more affordable that the bigger brand organic food companies. Their organic produce is also less expensive than the produce at Whole Foods. I do go to Whole Foods for the things I cannot find at the grocery store. If it has the USDA...