or Connect

Posts by MamaOutThere

Thank you for your gentle words.  I do appreciate them.    It makes sense what you say; I'm inclined to agree that I will not find much personal satisfaction in a "career" of any sort.  I love what you say about sorting out the reasons (for me it is purely financial need) and moving from there.   I posted in haste and simply added the "what I would do if I could do anything I wanted" phrase just to give some minor details about what interests me personally.    Thank...
I moved to a new city four months ago.  I don't know anyone.  I speak the language but not at all well when nervous, anxious, etc.  I need to go back to work after twelve years of following my husband around for his job.  I don't have a degree.  I don't have much experience -- or, at least, I don't have much experience that I would like to draw on for a future job.  Like I said, I fumble in the local language when nervous (and I'm very shy, so that's often).  I speak other...
Ha, I was going to come back and talk about zinc.  My daughter was using Sudacrem, a British diaper rash cream containing zinc, for up & coming pimples and it zaps them outright.  Plus, it smells good!  I read that on mumsnet, I think.  
Does she drink cow's milk?   I -- very seriously -- tried everything on my 13 year-old daughter who had a lot on forehead and chin.   Then I cut out cow's milk (she was drinking 2-3 glasses.day).  Overnight the acne was flatter, less inflamed/swollen, less red, etc.  It was very obvious.  Now, about three weeks later, it is all dried up and clearly on its way out, though I'm not sure how long we have till it's completely clear (no red at all).  She has had only...
I'd also like to say to those people who claim that language fluency must occur before the age of 10 or something (saw this recently said by a mom who insisted her daughter be perfectly fluent in Mandarin and Spanish before that age due to brain development) that I learned Italian at the age of 19 and ended up speaking and writing better than many of my Italian peers (I was in total immersion, not speaking English but rarely).  To this day, after fifteen years of not...
We've moved our kids every three years since birth; they have been fine with it.  My introvert daughter was going to have the same difficulties transitioning from grade level to grade level and from primary to secondary as she has had moving from school to school.  There are many, many families with lovely, thriving children who lead the same lifestyle.  My husband works in a very limited sphere, which requires us to move around.  That said, the reason for this particular...
Thanks!  I got my brain back and realized what I did wrong.  Thank you for taking the time to help out.
My general mood these days is definitely affecting my knitting.  I really want to warm up my girls' feetsies with these this Christmas.  But they're on my nerves!  It is supposed to be a simple pattern that even kids can do.  Sigh.    Could someone explain these decrease rows to me.  I get the decreases; it's the knitting in between.       So, first of all I have several rows of ribbing in the toe:     I want to make sure about this because my brain is just fried.   Which...
Well, I actually took to heart your statement that Waldorf wouldn't fit my child, as you seem to have extensive experience with it.  But the Steiner House for German could be a good lead.   I did decide this morning that I would just have to construct my own curriculum with some sort of IB'ish/Waldorf'ish mix.   Hemel Hempstead would be good for rental prices, and I have considered it, but the train goes into Euston and we need something into Liverpool St or,...