or Connect

Posts by MamaOutThere

Quote: So back to the original question - how do you handle in a GD way when your child does the opposite of what you ask, on purpose. Figure out why he's doing it, then talk about it. Hungry, lonesome, bored, tired, angry, jealous. Emotional education is crucial. He should be familiar with all these words and know what each of these emotions feels like in his body. With the milk thing. I dunno. I let my 2 yo pour her own milk and put her own...
In fact, I wrote media. I didn't think I had to spell out the concept of searching NGO sites and blogs. Most people don't. I did blog for awhile, but the country I was living in at the time experienced some interesting times. My husband was involved. I didn't feel safe blogging as I was afraid it would jeopardize my dh's job. Anyway...this is getting off-topic. I do want to reiterate, however, to those of you considering int'l adoption, that touch therapy can...
Yes, RedOakMama, that's what I meant. It's just frustrating, when I've worked in orphanages that are just as bad, to see Romania get so much coverage -- at this moment (not in the past). And I wasn't referring to the attention given to Romania in this thread. I was simply pointing out that there are other countries which deserve as much -- or even more -- attention. And I disagree that one can find media coverage of the situations of orphanages in certain...
I'm always surprised by how much attention Romania gets. It makes me sad. I've worked in and visited orphanages in several CIS countries. The situation in these is no better than in Romania. I've worked with 2 year-olds who looked and acted like 10-month olds. Why, I just read a report about a nearby orphanage that had only a space-heater to heat a room full of 10 newborns because the State cut off the heating! PS The good news is that touch therapy can get those 2...
www.mymovies.it www.film-download.dvd.it
In France: www.imineo.com In Uk: http://filmdownloads.aol.co.uk/visitor/home.html
Getting my 2 yo to sleep at night is my biggest challenge at the moment. And I just want to say how wonderful this thread is. I am so happy to see that it exists and that even mamas like WuWei and Sledg feel comfortable enough to post here. It used to be pretty taboo to admit to anger around here.
Quote: There's a dark side to skipping grades. Just because a student is academically advanced doesn't mean the student is at the emotional maturity or physical strength that older kids are. These young students often have trouble forming friendships, can become isolated, and are targets for bullies. Yes, but then there's the opposite of that. My dd has the emotional maturity to skip a grade. And she is currently socially isolated because of it. ...
Dragonfly, I would go with that. Your ds likes it. I always wanted to unschool. I was constantly questioning dd1's school: the curriculum, the teachers' attitudes towards children, things that were happening on the playground, etc. I went so far as to find a new school last year. But then my dd said, "Mama, my school is my special place." I'm totally at peace with her school since then. And she loves it there -- and thrives there.
Oh, I'm not a fan 'cause it's just not my cup o' tea. I finally learned that all that counts is what I do with my kids (I also learned to stay clear of critical threads).