or Connect

Posts by MamaOutThere

No one has mentioned fried rice. I can put anything in fried rice. I puree ratatouille top top pasta or rice. Parsley is tasteless. Quiche is a good mask. Both my girls loooove Brussels sprouts. Go figure. Soup, soup, soup. Don't want to be repetitive, but it always works. Think of lentils, split peas, chickpeas, too. And, yeah, just keep trying. You never know what may taste good to them today.
Dd1 and I are very, very close. We have been through sooo much together (lived very isolated for a while, illness, travelling everywhere, personality issues, etc.). When dd2 was born (dd1 was 5 1/2) I cried and cried to have her back, just the two of us. The first night at home I bawled in anguish because I wanted to have her close (she didn't want to sleep with us). While I still feel that very strong bond between us, I have to say I love dd2 just as much. It's...
Yep, dd1 started kindergarten at 5 1/2. No social problems, very confident, walked right in for her first teacher/student conference. Had no clue what an alphabet even was. She'll be skipping a grade next year.
Quote: Still...it breaks my heart to think that he thinks I really don't love him anymore when I am upset. Sigh... This is hard! If he's not good with verbal expressions, maybe he needs something tangible? Some kids need to feel it with their hands, nose, mouth, etc. I can't think of an example (I'm sick and groggy). For some reason, those sandpaper letters come into mind. Cut out the letters "I love you" and have him run his fingers over that...
Hello, I'm living in Eastern Europe, where I have a lot of trouble trusting the doctors, even at the American Medical Center. I had a pap smear the other day. The results were that white blood cells were covering the field of vision. I had an IUD, which I had had inserted in August, removed. Now, based solely on the white blood cells, the doctor's diagnosis is mucopurulent cervicitis (I had/have a bad viral bronchitis at the time, not sure if that could affect...
Hi Beanma, I'm just wondering if you actually talked that through with dd1 the way you just did here (all the causes, I mean)? It's so forgiving/loving of you to go back and get the mac&cheese. I don't know, myself, if I could/would do that. I think I may have said something about all of us forgetting things at one or another, there's nothing to be done now. Not criticizing, for sure. :-) It sounds like you handled everything very patiently. I also wanted...
Quote: "dd1 hitting your sister over the head with a groovy girl is not okay. If you don't want her to play with that one tell her with words! It's okay to want that doll and it's okay to not let dd2 have it, but it's not okay to hit her with it. You can say 'dd2, I'm playing with this right now.'" Giving my dd the exact words to use has been one of the most helpful things for us, by far. Empathy is great, but for us is doesn't work. Validating...
Could you share more about what you have tried on a long-term basis, if anything? I have a 7 1/2 yo dd who could be where your dd is now if I hadn't started work on emotional intelligence years ago. I can't imagine dealing with my dd if she wasn't able to communicate her feelings to me. That must be very hard.
A friend of my mother asked me, "Do you think about it before you name your kids?" My girls have old-fashioned names. This woman is in her 70s. She named her daughters Geraldine (Gerri) and Lauren.