or Connect

Posts by MamaOutThere

Well, I made it through with only one shhh! I feel so good when I can do this, mostly because my dd1 can fall asleep without the noise of frustration. But the baby fell asleep at 10 (as opposed to by 9 of the past months) and woke up at 8:30. Dd1's on vacation, so it's fine for now. I mentioned Dorothy Corkille Briggs yesterday. I think I'm just going to have to re-read, for the third or fourth time, the whole book. I'm also ordering Cheri Huber's book on...
I was, of course, hoping you would respond, Sledg. Before I comment, I'd like to say that after I wrote it all down here (which, of course, helped) I sat down and meditated more deeply on the situation. The first thing I came up with is that I need to improve my diet. I don't eat processed foods, thank goodness, but I do consume way too much coffee and sugar right now. I got hooked on coffee this summer while visiting my mom. And I eat sugar when I haven't made...
I've enjoyed reading this thread. I checked out Cheri Huber. As soon as I can, I will order the self-hatred book as it was written especially for me, dontcha know? I've done a lot of work on myself since my first daughter was born 7 1/2 years ago. I started out a sloppy Buddhist. I discovered GD, then TCS, then NVC, then Scott Noelle, and all the rest. Now I'm UU Buddhist who practices a bit better, but still not consistently well. I do okay with the girls, I...
Sorry Satori, I wasn't referring to you at all. I should have made that clear. That sounds awfully scary, horrible, you name it. I was simply thinking of a general attitude towards kids and lying and it being totally unacceptable, terrible, etc.
Hey chfriend, I was going to come back and share that article. I love Scott! Seriously, this is phase they all go through. I would say that if you have a serious issue with lying, you probably need to check that out and not take it out on your kids.
My 7 year-old when through that, too. Right when she turned 7. It wasn't easy. I know. It's pretty much over now. The other day she tried to blame a broken radio on her little sister (and then the nanny), but then admitted to breaking it. It's scary to admit stuff sometimes. She didn't get in trouble for lying the first time. I told her I knew she was lying when she said she didn't want me to talk to the nanny about it. I think it's enough that they know you're...
Enjoyed this sermon this morning: http://www.uumiddleboro.org/Principles/principle3.htm I swear I have run into the theme "be yourself," in a variety of manifestations, like three times this week!
Quote: Thank you!! Glad it helped! I had a sort of assignment for my covenant group to find a sermon to post last Sunday. I learned so much, just trying to find the right sermon. I read so much great stuff! I feel even closer than ever to UUism. These past few days I've been wishing I could live in the US and find a brick & mortar congregation. Ahhh, yearning!
Quote: but generally pull out ahead, with more advanced skills than their peers. I'm not sure about that. This is a great article that I found spot on with my own experience: http://www.cookiemag.com/brain/kidhe...?currentPage=1 They'll have *different* skills.
Quote: Do you happen to remember about how long this took? No, but I think it depends on which service you signed up for. If you signed up for RE Express, it may take a few days. The person who sends out just the CLiF notes was just online sending an email to my covenant group (she does the RE and the covenant groups), so maybe you already got something. If not, I can send you October. Be sure to ask for the September curriculum (session 1)...