or Connect

Posts by clutterbug

Thanks, I will try those - I knew about lecithin and was thinking about trying that next, but I might do the vinegar first (as long as it doesn't sting - I tried opening it again tonight to get the white stuff out!! Might have to wait for it to heal a wee bit before sticking mild acid on it!).  Luckily no milk is getting backed up because the duct itself is open, but there is still a white head on the top of it.  Argh!
Thanks for your reply :)  I do have a fairly fast letdown, I think, although she seems able to keep up (maybe because of the shallow latch!).  Other positions are not so successful for us, the nipple on that side is oddly shaped and can be tough to work with...we had issues just getting her to latch at all in the first couple of weeks (including many many many attempts at laid-back nursing, which I really wanted to do this time around.  It just didn't work out, though,...
I have my second bleb in two weeks in the exact same location.  DD still has a bit of a shallow latch (she's 9 weeks old) and there is occasional compression of my nipple right in the spot where the bleb is recurring.  I have already stopped wearing bras that don't have loads of room in them, and am trying to go braless as much as possible at home in case that is contributing.  Right now I am soaking in hot epsom bath when I can.  Have tried to open the bleb again with a...
Bleeding again around 6 weeks is pretty common, and I think the typical rule is if it's within 56 days (8 weeks) of birth, it's probably postpartum bleeding and not a period.  There are two other threads here on the DDC with people posting about bleeding at 6 weeks, check them out :)  Here is one where mamachef mentions why it's common for bleeding to recur at this time... http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1317285/postpartum-bleeding#post_16512169
DS2 was like that with even decaf coffee, chocolate as well.  I kind of wonder if it's not the caffeine at all in that case, but rather something else.  TMI.....My pee smells different after I drink a coffee, so it's getting something in my bloodstream, kwim?
I have reintroduced coffee.  For about a week or so, I was having one every morning, but we ran out of cream so it's been back to occasional use again (till we remember to buy more cream, LOL!).   It's hard to really know if it has an effect, cause there are so many variables in a day, kwim?  But the mornings that I brewed my own large cup, she seemed maybe a little less likely to nap well during that day.  So I scaled back to 1/2 caf, 1/2 decaf and that seems fine...
p.s. our babies are about the same age, I think - DD is 8 weeks old now.
It sounds pretty normal to me, but you would know best ;)  Is she pooping and peeing enough?  Gaining well?  Assuming yes, then it's not like she's going back to boob alot because she's not getting enough.  This might just be her pattern for nursing.  It is tiring, though, I know - DS2 was a frequent nurser like that (oversupply contributed to it, I think - any chance you are dealing with that?) and DD is pretty frequent as well.  She will go a 3-4 hour stretch once at...
Hi lizzie!  Sorry to hear you've had some challenges, but I hope it's a good sign that you were able to drop in :)  Lots of activity over on the FB group that's been created to continue the DDC after it's moved to archives here - there is a thread on how to join if you're interested :)   I hear you on not getting around to the birth story - it was about 4 weeks when I wrote mine.  What I found helped bring back missing details was, strangely, to read other birth...
We've had DD in a Sunshine Kids Radian pretty much since birth (we used our infant seat a few times but at about the 2 week mark, installed the Radian 3 across with our seats for the other two kids and haven't looked back).  We have a Radian, True Fit and a Quinny infant seat and the Radian actually has the lowest harness slots of the 3.  We needed the infant insert for the Radian at first (actually, we just used rolled up towels after buckling her in, cause we never got...