or Connect

Posts by snitker79

I have flown with my dd probably 3 times without a carseat. She was 6, 9 and 12 months old. Knowing what I know now about the scary things that can happen in the event that there is severe turbulance or rough landing, I don't know that I would have done so then. But you have to weigh the safety issues, time of flight, cost into the decision to buy an extra ticket. I definately would have her in a carseat at 12mo because she was mobile by then and very difficult to...
: too!
2 is definately a tough time. My dd is 2. Once she's in crisis mode or meltdown, all you can do is wait for her to calm herself back down. You can hold her, sing, anything to keep yourself sane and wait her out while letting her know that you are there for her. I've worked with children with disabilities and special needs for almost 11 years. I went through some behavioral training that teaches that ones emotions look like a mountain. When it starts off, you should be...
I too suffer from acne, as a teen and now as an adult. It's always been there. I haven't tried the oil cleansing method, but I did try the honey with no luck. I saw things get better when I started taking a stronger probiotic, but now it's bad again, even though I'm still taking it. I'm planning on trying some digestive enzymes when I get back from vacation. Some research shows that your gut/digestive system plays more of a role in overall balance than most people...
We had a cat pee on our leather couch many years ago and we can still smell the pee. The problem was that it has a split in the center due to it being dual reclining, so the pee is actually on the inside of the couch, down the center. I have put an old stocking full of baking soda inside the couch, we have scrubed it (after it happened), I have sprayed fel-a-way, and used an enzymatic cleaner. Nothing has helped so far. It always gets worse in the summer, which is...
My dd is 2 and we are definately in the same boat. She doddles to the car, so when I know we are in a hurry, I tell her "straight to the car". It worked a few times and I praised her for beating me to the car. Other times she wants to jump off the walkway, dance in the yard, look at weeds ect. Sometimes our little, ready set go, 123's works, otherwise it's "are you going to do it, or is mommy going to help you". She definately wants to do things herself, so it mostly...
I'm getting ready to take my 2yo on a flight this next week. Does anyone know if it's possible for me to board early to install the carseat and then go back out and wait to be one of the last ones to board? Otherwised I might have my dd come last since I will be traveling with my mother and she can bring her on after everyone else.
I'm sooo glad you asked this. I'm getting ready to fly with my 2yo dd this next week and she will be in her Scenera. I too am worried about installing it, but I know it says FAA in red on the side. I'm going to relook at the booklet since I will be securing it FF on the plane, but she currently RF when we use it. ANY tips in securing it or toting it around the plane/airport would be greatly appreciated
We used one similar during this last time of baby swim with my then almost 2yo dd. It had removable floatations. One in the front and one in the back. She didn't particularly enjoy having the floatations blown up and then stuck inside her swim suit, but once they were in she was ok. The problem we found was that it didn't keep her level in the water. It tended to flip her onto her back or onto her front. It might have been an issue with one floatation having too much...
So if the wrap n mats made in China are PUL, those with a stash of PUL from diaper making should be able to whip some up, right? Is all PUL made equal?