or Connect

Posts by MissMaryMack

It seemed like in the original post, the SD was announcing to her friends. I know that whenever I picked up at preschool, as soon as one of the kids saw me (or any other pick-up person, be it grandma, sitter, SMom, whoever) the cry would go up: "[My kid]!!! Your mom's here!!" When our sitter picked up, the kid who actually saw her would yell something like "[My kid]!!! Time to go!!!!" and then other kids who didn't see the sitter just assumed it was me, and yelled "[My...
If you're thinking of New England, I'd go for Vermont or New Hampshire over CT, MA, RI, and ME. Both VT and NH have big homeschooling communities. NH's state motto (I think? It's on the license plates anyway) is "Live Free or Die" so I'm pretty sure the HS laws there are lenient.
Is he eating anything other than breastmilk? My daughters were satiated by just BM until a year-ish (they'd have cookies or cutup fruit or something for fun, but their nutrition came mostly from BM) BUT: my son needed more food sooner. I noticed a big change in his needs when he was about 5 months old, and tried several different things (rocking, swaddling, humming on his belly) to try to get him to sleep more so I could sleep, and finally I gave him some bites of my...
Nursing or not isn't the issue here -- if she still needs to nurse, go ahead! It sounds to me like you're worried that she's so attached to you/terrified of everyone else that she's missing out on fun things. If that's the problem (that you want her to be able to do some things that you think she'd love/benefit from, but she has to do them alone) then why not see if the facility would allow you to stay within sight until your daughter feels confident on her own? You're...
Someone upthread posted that they were debt-free and a single SAHM. I don't understand how someone can be a single SAHM and also be financially solvent? Who makes the money? I assume it's not child labor. ;-)
We have a queen, which is too small for us + 3 littles. But since we're only all in bed together for "family parties" (snuggles on weekend mornings) it's not a problem. Mostly the kids sleep in their own bedrooms (the girls sleep together in one bed, the boy sleeps with the dog) but they're welcome with us if they're afraid or just need extra love during the night. Our son usually joins us around 4am -- I barely wake up anymore, just lift the covers for him and scoop...
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 Go yourself and work on YOUR reactions to HIS communication. While it's true that it takes 2 to change, it also takes 2 to fight, KWIM? After you get your reactions under control, then ask for a referral to a different counselor who works with couples and see by changing your approach you can get him to at least consider it. You probably don't want the same counselor that you went to personally because he'll view it...
Quote: Originally Posted by UUMom when you are out in your community, doing things as hsers, you meet a lot of wonderful 'strangers' who then become known to you. A parent with a child in a school can argue that only the first day were the teachers/other folks 'strangers'. Also, if one lives in a small town, as I do, you know a lot of the people, including the people who work at schools, and they aren't strangers, kwim? I agree. ...
I went back to work 6 weeks after each of my kids' births, and it does indeed stink. But none of my children had trouble going back and forth from EBM bottle to Mama. And I was able to nurse both my girls until they lost interest at around 2 1/2 - with my son, we'll see how much longer. It might be easier on you if you try for 2 half-hour pumping sessions, instead of 3 15-minute ones. More time to allow the letdown, more time to set up and clean up, less stress about...
Welcome! (I'm new here too.)