or Connect

Posts by gr8tmama

My 2 children are not vaxed. After the recent new that this paper is a fraud and some correlations between autism and vaccinations, but no proven causation/evidence.  I think it's time to have DC vaxed. What do you guys think?
I was out for the day and came home to a total disaster! Lunch on table 5 hours later mixed up with markers and paper (YUCK!). Games strewn all over the family room and very sticky kitchen floor (perhaps he could have worked just a little harder at cleaning the spill). I didn't know the house could become that big of a mess in just 9 short hours. Then I had to figure out what we were having for supper. When I questioned what he did all day he got mad and told me he...
Hilarious!!! I'm not sure where I've been all this time but I've never heard anyone say "I'm not married to the house, I'm married to DH". I'm definately going to put that one in my back pocket for the next time she calls me that. I also feel it's demeaning, I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. I'm also the Ms. type, everytime someone calls me Mrs. xxx I tell them that's not my name, that is my MIL's name.
I just want to get other people's perspectives on this. My mom said to me "now that you are a house wife, you should have meals on the table every night". I proceeded to ask her the about the last ceramic tile job she did or the last time she took the car in for an oil change (all things that I do in our household that she has never attempted). I really resented the "House wife" label she gave me, maybe it was the way it was used. I consider myself SAHM, NOT a house...
Hi Nora's mama, I read the entire thread and really feel for you. In the almost 7 years I've been a parent I have worked opposite FT shifts w/ dh (w/ 1 day childcare), worked the same FT schedule as dh w/ FT childcare and I'm currently a SAHM. They all have pros and cons. I agree with the previous poster about the cleaning lady, that is the #1 thing I miss about working full-time. I had to immediately give up the cleaning lady, the thing to remember about a cleaning...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marsupialmom I also think you should discuss with your son about not trusting this kid as much. My son is so incredibly trusting it hurts. My son feels like he didn't know what happened in a specific situation if the 10 year old boy says something different that what DS saw. My DS told me the other day "sometimes you think your ears heard something, but your ears were wrong". I nearly cried (okay I did cry for him),...
snip...
I think I just needed to get this off my chest and didn't know where to go. I haven't told many people and somehow the anonimity of the internet feels better. The bottom line is that I'm not sure how I should have handled it, although I'm pretty sure I didn't handle it very well. I was fairly calm and tried to be diplomatic when I spoke with the mother. The other child in question is 10 years, so my son didn't stand a chance but he would have been content "trading" 2...
I know what I did wrong, but what do I do now? I completely agree that I SHOULD have stayed out of it. It was spur of the moment... poor decision. Not sure what to do now, the damage is done.
Mommy68, I completely agree but I think the damage is already done. In fact I've given the advice not to mess with other parents. Unfortunately I made this poor choice because this mother always confronts me. I think this factored into my poor decision making.