or Connect

Posts by spedtchr

We had a dog I named Kendall - I LOVE that name! Of course, we only had her for a week, but DH refuses to consider the name, since he still associates it with her!
I had been really hoping on a home birth - feel in love with the m/w who would do it - but then had a bunch of spotting scares in the beginning and realized I'm not mentally ready for a home birth yet. So, we'll be back at the hospital. I'd be totally fine with it if we were going to deliver at the same hospital where I had my two girls. But, we've moved and I'm unfamiliar with the new hospital. My previous birth experiences were fantastic, so I'm doing what I can to...
I had those same fears when I was pregnant with DD #2. I do think they're normal, but that doesn't usually make you feel better, does it?! The great part is, having BTDT, I can now say your heart really does expand for that new little one. I can look at my two daughters and feel overwhelming emotions for both of them, in totally different, yet same, ways, if that makes any sense? You connect with the new one just as strongly as you did with the first, and you are able...
Quote: Originally Posted by newmamatobe 15 weeks, 5 days. Me too!
Quote: Originally Posted by MmeMuffin One couple I know had the u/s tech write it and put it in an envelope to keep at home. They decided that they would leave it in a specific spot and either of them could look - but not to tell the other. I don't know if that would work for me since I'm awful with secrets. AND I'd peek even if I didn't want to. But that worked out for them! With DD #2, the tech actually did this for us, even though we were...
Welcome and congrats!
I declined all the testing, too. I assumed the only reason for doing the testing was to decide whether to continue with the pregnancy, and since that isn't an option for us, I didn't see the point in the testing. My m/w nicely explained that people test for other reasons, such as helping themselves prepare for a child with special needs, as well as opening up options for delivery if the baby may need extra attention at birth. Those points all made a lot of sense to me,...
CONGRATULATIONS!! As the mom to 2 already, I have to say...girls are fantastic!!
My next appointment is 7/11. I'm expecting it to be pretty boring (finally!) since I'll be 16 weeks. I've been in to the m/w office 4x already, and all because of spotting scares, so I'm ready to have a non-interesting appointment! I expect we'll listen for the heartbeat, but I'm reminding myself that we probably won't get an u/s. We've gotten one every other time we've been in, so not seeing the baby will be weird. But, it will also mean things look good! I also...
I'm surprised they are willing to change the dd that much this early! I measured quite a bit ahead my entire last pregnancy (6-8 weeks ahead), and my doc said he wouldn't even bother messing with my due date until well into the 2nd tri. There's just so much room for error with u/s, and he didn't see the point in changing things. On u/s, dd#2 was measuring 1-2 weeks ahead after my water broke (at 29 weeks), and he still didn't change the due date. I agree that you might...