or Connect

Posts by ChocolateNummies

My daughter is expressing an interest in getting her ears pierced for her 10th birthday.  Anybody have any recommendations for a place to get it done?  This place appeals to me based on online reviews and website info but I've admittedly not done a whole lot of research yet or contacted anybody.   Would love others' opinions and/or experiences.   Thanks!   Sara
I know it's an odd request but if anybody has an orphaned left shoe in Robeez size 12-18 mo, I'd love to take if off your hands.  My son loves his navy with red fire engine shoes and one has gone missing.  I think the little stinker must have thrown it in the trash or something.  I've turned the house upside down looking for it.  Now he just carries the orphaned one around like a lovey.   Having a perfectly good shoe go to waste bothers me (becuz I'm weird like that)...
I hope it's okay to post this here.  I tried posting this question on another board I visit sometimes but didn't get any feedback.   I have a size 6  Didymos K/R that I'm considering selling.  It has two broken red threads - one at approx 80cm and  the other at approx 100 cm from the middle of the wrap in the same direction (making them 20 cm apart) which I've woven back in and tied off. The break on one of the threads had a small section (maybe 3 inches) of...
I haven't made them but from the photo it looks like the balls were rolled in almonds after forming.  I'd try that and see if it makes them more finger-food friendly.  Maybe the directions were incomplete? 
  I was intrigued so went off to google..    Look!  Found it called a jelly strainer or jelly straining bag.   There is also this one but it looks much less sturdy.  I can't imagine the bag would stay on nearly as well.   There are also these without a stand.   But I wonder how much any of these hold?   I may have to think about getting one of these.  We have dairy goats and I'm always hanging cheesecloth bags from all my cupboard handles.  Now I have to think if...
    Thanks everyone.       I am really cautious about how I approach things with her.  She knows (I hope) we only care that she is healthy.  I've never spoken to her about weight other than in general terms of healthy lifestyles/diets keeping people healthy.  I distinctly remember the first time I ever felt fat at an even younger age than my dd .  It was an innocent enough comment by my friend's mom but it was the first time my body type had essentially been pointed out...
  The Gift You Are For Baby (For Bobbie) Eli's Song Annie's Song all by John Denver   Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce   Beautiful Boy by John Lennon   Golden Slumbers by The Beatles
My daughter has always been slim.  I've never worried about her weight.  She's active but is a picky eater so has to be encouraged to eat well.  In the past she's had periods during which she gained a little weight around her middle then would grow a couple of inches and slim down again.  This was her pattern, no big deal.   Over the last 6 months, though, she's gained a little weight and hasn't followed that up with a growth spurt - at least not yet.   I'm trying to...
I'll second Inner Sun.  My midwife recommended him during my last pregnancy.  Atmosphere is welcoming and relaxing.  Cindy and Dr. Ron are both super friendly and easy to talk to.  I had never been to a chiro before but was very comfortable there.  Dr. Ron is very gentle and has a great bedside manner. 
Another Jan Brett book - Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?   Snowflake Bentley   Christmas Day in the Morning - I can't read this without crying.