or Connect

Posts by sphinx

Europe here. I never get the chance to even lurk on mothering anymore, no time. But I am finally getting back into some minor activism and community experience after a million child-centered, self- and world-forgetting years. I just ran my first workshop last weekend at an anarchafeminist conference, on supporting children's individual gender expression. I was surprised at how many young, childless people showed up and participated! As for parenting resources... I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarineWife Oh, I remember something else I thought of earlier. One thing I do is explain to the child that my child will probably be willing to share the toy when he's done with it but he's still using it right now. I ask my child to tell me when he's done so the other child can have a turn or just give it to the other child. I make sure to explain to my child that, if he wants it back, he has to wait until the other child is...
hey what a great idea. France is lovely. But seriously, instead of thinking about mortgages and such, if you own a house in the states, why don't you start out looking at something like an international home exchange program - i guess i am not allowed to list urls, but there are many, some run by agencies and others by the owners themselves;, then if you are thinking about living on the land with animals, gardens, etc, you could check out french ecovillages and other...
i am a lesbian who was out before meeting my dh and then married for over 10 years (still technically married but separated now for 2)... it was a very sincere, deep relationship, but it died a slow death in part because of my sexuality (my guilt about it didn't help btw) but mainly because of a lack of communication about our lives; if you and your husband can be completely open and honest about your needs, desires, wishes, intentions, etc. then you can quite possibly...
I'm curious to know what your teacher answered... My toddler class doesn't send craft items home, except usable holiday gifts that the children are able to do themselves with reasonable guidance (rolling beeswax sheets for candles, painting on a bag or tshirt, gluing glitter on a precut shape for an ornament, that sort of thing). If a parent asks we can send home a couple of examples, but generally the children don't care about the item once they have finished it.
well i think that's what i am trying to do - stay in the het relationship - but it doesn't feel like a very realistic goal at this point and i'm wondering exactly why we are both fighting for something that seems so impossible..
Quote: Originally Posted by fireant I hope I didn't sound like an ass. It's just that I cringe a little (or a lot) when I read posts that sound like something I could've said a year ago. I wish I had had the guts to direct my life a long time ago. I was so so so scared at the thought of being alone, being like my mother or my father, or whatever, that I did what I thought was the "safe" and "right" thing. I clung so tightly to the comfort I...
hey fireant. I know what you mean. I also am curious how this works for people. I found out that I can't do it. I don't have enough energy to dedicate to more than one person. Things got very messy with my dh and I have decided to give it a real committed try with him, before I give up all hope. and p.s. i wish there were such a thing as a lesbian neighborhood within about 200 miles from here... it would just make me feel a little more comfortable in daily life, even...
Quote: Originally Posted by sweetpmc As a side note...I trust the teacher to care for my daughter for several hours every time she goes to school, and that means I trust her to help with toileting. If I didn't trust her for all of my daughter's care, my daughter would not be there at all. exactly my feeling.
I agree that the teacher sounds perhaps a bit lacking in grace and tact as far as how she handles this issue with you and your child, though her intentions seem reasonable. Any adult who works with children has to be prepared for the unpalatable stuff! Another poster said it could set up an adversarial relationship between the child and teacher and I can definitely see potential for that. Sounds like nagging! I'm a Montessori toddler guide and many of my children are...