or Connect

Posts by ~bookcase~

thank you for asking   i have a health check tomorrow for her, but at 6 weeks now, things seem to have kicked in and she is sometimes tracking with her eyes. i've also had three big smiles, but never whilst looking directly at me - twice looking to my right, and once over the top of my head. i will ask for a referral because her older sister had a 'wandering' eye not picked up until she was about 5 (at the second or third sight test she went to)   here's hoping...
thank you mamas. the link is super helpful Peggy - i wasn't getting any good sites with googling myself. i've tried some of these activities with her, and although she's still not responding as i would expect, she seems to be having some response (to yellow in particular, on my top and on a toy). she also seems to make little smiles in response to voice, but not whilst looking at me. i'm trying to work out if she is looking at me but her eyes are not in my direction...
My 4 week old doesn't seem to be registering anything with her eyes. I have older children and her responses don't seem as I would expect. Where do we go from here? She sees the Dr in 3 weeks and one of the questions is about if they are tracking objects or not, but I'd love some reassurance and advice now please...
weeell, at 4 weeks i'm feeling ok, and able to resume some sense of normality again   Tizzy - YES you qualify, and nooooo, you shouldn't be running round after sheep that soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pleeease make sure you plan help into action if you have more babies mama  
hey mamas   i haven't kept up much with the ddc but wanted to find out how you are all getting on and ask what your recovery times have been like???   we welcomed our seventh last week and i still feel like my core is totally 'missing'. bleeding is very minimal, but if i do any leaning forward/ bending type motions the blood gushes horribly. i'm feeling all-round fragile...
thanks mama, this is super helpful and i will be sharing it liberally   congratulations on your twins' arrival and for your surviving nicu with grace intact (i'm still angry almost 4 years later, but trust that i'll get to a place of grace one day )   one thing is for sure - you never take anything for granted again  
edit
dairy free  
delayed cord clamping is less likely to cause baby's blood to go in your body.  
hey mama - I just came on and saw your little boy has arrived   I'm sorry you're having to tread the preemie path (my twins were 32 weekers and one was just a little bigger than your boy!) but sending prayers for a smooth journey. Is he stable enough that you can do lots of Kangaroo Care? That was my biggest regret; that I didn't do more.   http://www.kangaroomothercare.com/   xxxxxxxxx