or Connect

Posts by MsBlack

Yes, ICAN is a great idea--   www.ican-online.org   There you can find MUCH info about VBAC and repeat csec.  Also, there will be links to local support.  Get support, and find a doctor who has a great VBAC rate.  There is nothing wrong with being prepared for all possibilities, including RCS--but it sounds like this doc does not really support VBAC and wants a lot of control over this mom and her birth.
I'm really glad you started this thread, Meg...for lots of reasons!
I totally agree, mamato3cherubs.  So many women are frightened into induction/csec because they 'might' have pre-e...and most just don't.  I'm glad you mentioned this along with increasing calories with the protein.   
Aaahhh, I see--makes more sense now.  Just so you know, it would be perfectly ok to ask people not to eat around you while you're laboring...mostly people don't, IME, but if someone does you can ask them not to.  Or mention it in advance, and ask your dh to help keep an eye out for you on that.  And it may be that no one eats anything during your labor, depending on timing of everything.    Just so you know, though--even sitting around, or napping, after several...
I've never put food in the contract--but it is on the supply list.  So it gets discussed along with all the other supplies (and birthing day prep activities) near the end of pregnancy.    Just want to add that there are few things lovelier than sharing a meal together, after the birth.  it doesn't always happen, and it doesn't have to happen--it all depends on the birth, the hour, the family and mw in that moment.  But it is quite lovely and usually fun to sit...
    As I see it, there are 2 reasons that mws put 'food' on the supply list:   1.  So the family has some put by, for their own convenience and nourishment during and in the hours/days following birth.  2.  So the mw, along with mama, her partner/kids/others, has good food to eat.  Yes, a mw could be at your house for several hours...and will be waiting upon the laboring woman and possibly her partner, too.  Should she just eat fruit and granola bars or a tuna...
Not sure what the question is...have you tried just talking in depth with the caseworkers assigned to your case?  Surely they will provide straight info about anything you are required to do, or avoid doing.   Sorry you had to go through this.  It's nutty, so stupid that mj has not been totally decriminalized.  If you were an alcoholic who drank yourself silly throughout pregnancy, they would never have known because alcohol metabolizes so fast and is not held in the...
I can totally relate!   It can take some time to move past this, as you work longer and with more families.  One thing that helps me is frequent self-reminders that while my work and words are important, I don't control anything at all--I just offer what I have by way of support and information.  I remind myself too, that people are smart and strong enough for this family-making business--that they have the internal resources they need to find their way...and can seek...
First--if you see my thread today "are you a birth professional", you will see that I am happy to have you announce your non-pro status.  I think most of us welcome input from anyone, and appreicate insights and links from all.  Just good to be clear about whether or not a poster is a birth pro or not...helps put a post in context for all readers.   Second, I can well believe the stats you posted.  And I agree--a small degree of prolapse is probably pretty normal,...
To me, planning--and having--a UC is 'kinda lonely', as you put it Anaconda...although I wouldn't say lonely for myself anymore.  It definitely takes you out of the mainstream talk about pregnancy and birth amongst friends, family, coworkers!  What a UC mom/family thinks, reads, and does is so very different...even if you choose medical or home mw prenatal care.  And when you are not part of that great social discussion, it can be hard to get used to--it can feel lonely...