or Connect

Posts by 1Plus2

MD is Maryland... :)    
I would guarantee that they know what is being handed out. They have samples in the "Welcome" bag they give to new patients. And of course all OB's and Ped's get kick backs if they advertise certain brands. Drives me insane!!!  
I teach a breastfeeding class once a month for an OB practice in MD. I go last after a nurse teaches childbirth and then infant CPR. Last month I found out that a formula rep comes in to speak to the patients/students during the childbirth class. So incredibly frustrating!! Today as I was beginning to start my class, the nurse who teaches the first two classes comes into the classroom wheeling a big cart with diaper bags and formula samples. She proceeds to hand them out...
My girls have some small things that are mirrored too. They both were thumb suckers but sucked opposite thumbs, each has an eye the is shaped a bit differently then the other that is opposite, they loose teeth at the same time but on opposite sides (ex: one looses the upper left eye tooth and the other looses the upper right one a few days later). Same for their teeth coming in...same tooth just opposite side. I know there's more that I can't think of right now.
There is so much I could say. So many stories I could share. So many positive thoughts to send your way. But it all comes down to this... My life has been blessed in more ways then I can count by being the mom of twins. Being a part of this special club is truly a gift from God that I thank Him for daily! Savor it all....your pregnancy, your newborns, your up's, your down's...don't let a moment pass you by. Soak it all in. And tell the negative people that they...
Quote: Originally Posted by naupakamama When I told my midwife (she had just arrived and hadn't checked me at all) she said in a loud voice, "well push woman, push" I was nearly crying in relief and DD2 was out very quickly after that! It was fast and quick and overpowering. I was lost in the moment which never happened at the hospital. My DD2 didn't cry at birth just made a few noises to say hello and latched on. We had some very similar...
My daughters being able to watch. My birth was fast and furious...less then 2 hours from first contraction to baby born. The girls were in the basement rollerskating when my daughter crowned. The doula called for them and they all ditched the skates and came upstairs and gathered around the birth pool. The baby's head was out at that point and I remember them saying "Ohhh...look at her ears! She's so cute!" They didn't know the gender of the baby but they kept saying...
I teach a monthly breastfeeding class to approximately 15 couples. I follow a nurse who teaches a childbirth class and an infant CPR class. I'm alloted only 2 hours to get as much info as I can to my students. It's such a long day for the couples so I do my best to keep my class light and fun but to get the info to them also. I use about 20 minutes of the "Mother of 7" DVD particularly the section on latching and positions. My parents are very mainstream and I'm looking...
So nice to run into you and catch up with you again, Lex. Congratulations on your newest son!! I now have 4 daughters...my last born at home 2 years ago. Anyway...just wanted to say hello.
Did anyone else just catch the latest episode of 18 Kids and Counting?? Anna and Josh had their first baby, Mackynzie (sp?). The show was about their Bradley classes, baby shower and the baby's birth. When her labor starts 10 days before her edd, she finds out her OB is out of town. She says she doesn't want anyone else so they decide to have a homebirth!! Their only "medical" assistant was their Bradley Instructor who did come with a lot of stuff they'd need for the...