or Connect

Posts by Nannysbaby

Worst pain of my life...when I woke up from the anesthesia after having my hysterectomy and pretty much that whole first day. I was drugged to the nines, but could not even open my eyes due to that excruciating pain...second only to ovarian cysts, which quite frankly are very similar to labor pains. My doctor tried to explain that pain to DH..he said "take your left testicle and crush it"...he got that point.
I saw something on TV ( a show with "high risk" mommas) that I wondered about... the doctor made tiny holes in the amniotic sac to let the fluid out slowly because she said the head was not moving down. She did not want to do the usual AROM in full so as to avoid a gush that might actually hinder the baby's progress. Anyone heard of this practice? Just curious.
I personally paid $800 for my DD's doula less than two years ago. She was a member of several organizations in So Cal. To be honest here, it was not worth the money. She was a lovely person and DD liked her well enough it was just that during the birth she didn't do anything. Just sat there and stared at my laboring daughter. Did not even bat an eyelash when DD got to the "I can't do this" point and asked for an epidural, even though they had talked extensively about...
Quote: Originally Posted by annabanana the husband said: "i can insert an IV at night, under pouring rain, under an overturned vehicle, into a severely injured patient. you are telling me you won't be able to insert an IV into my healthy wife in this brightly lit room? this worries me." My SIL is an EMT and he would say that very thing! I love it! When my DD checked in to labor and delivery for the birth of her first child she was...
I saw the play entitled BIRTH yesterday and one of the women in the play keeps saying during labor..."My Body Rocks, My Body Rocks, My Body Rocks." Her labor support people told her the same thing..."Your Body Rocks, Your Body Rocks, Your Body Rocks." Her body did rock and so does yours. "Your Body Rocks" and was made to have this baby.
Well, I would have to go with the ultrasond tech and say it's a girl. Not that I am an expert here, but just having viewed my DD's ultrasound in person and confirming that the new little one is a boy, I would definitely call what you see a "Hamburger in bun" vs the "hot dog in bun" I saw the other day!!! LOL Having given birth myself to three daughters (no sons) I send my wholehearted congratulations to you! You are going to love having a daughter. I guess my joy...
I've been to 2 different LAC's and the one I saw on Saturday hurt so much that now I am scared to go back. When I had it done with another LAC I felt no pain and, in fact, was told that I should not feel any pain and that if I did to tell her right away and she would remove the needle. On Saturday, I felt every single needle and it hurt! My eyes were watering as if I was crying the entire time she was sticking me and for about 1 minute after the stick. This one told me...