or Connect

Posts by Gentlegreen

How thoroughly wonderful Queenie! Aren't they incredible creatures? I grew up in a place where they were rarely seen, I now live in a place where they are common. I have had many wonderful sightings but I have never taken it for granted, makes my heart skip a beat every time. I saw a pair of turkey vultures one day (HUGE birds, bigger than eagles), each perched on the forked top of a dead cottonwood tree. It was morning, they were just sitting, facing the sun,...
Many years ago, my ex (then boyfriend) and I were sitting around yakking with friends. I forget exactly what we were talking about, but at one point he replied to someone's comment with this: "Well, that's just ignorant with a capital "E!" He just sat there looking blank as the whole room erupted in laughter.
The Damn Good Resume Guide by Yana Parker. I have used it since college (long, long ago) and it has helped me write many a good resume. I Googled it and it is still around, you can pick it up for about 10 bucks on Amazon. It walks you through the whole process step by step, helping you clarify and clearly state your job objective, skills, and qualifications in a concise yet attention grabbing fashion. Lots of sample resumes as well. I too am currently looking for...
bump Oh, come on somebody, please reply (she said in a whiny self-indulgent voice) Man, my threads never go anywhere. But I promise not to start a thread about it!
The sound of rain on leaves Cats Big fat flakes of snow that make the whole world quiet and magical Funky cafes Sleeping with the window open Time alone (so rare) Odd people Thai food The song of tree frogs Salamander eyes My hair smelling like woodsmoke after a night by the campfire Orgasms Ponderosa pines Old growth cedar and douglas fir Baby pines, cedar, and douglas fir Playing tunes really loud in the car Swimming with the current in a river Lilacs...
Ever seen the cartoon about the conference for adult children of functional families? There's like one guy there. :LOL My family of origin was quietly dysfunctional. Stay neutral, don't show emotion, interact as little as possible. Gave me all the excuses I needed to do way to many drugs in my youth. But the gift was that I became very independent and self-nurturing in the long run. Dad commited suicide, mom lives the life of a hermit, brother can't...
Feeling judged sucks. Feeling judged about something beautiful and fulfilling by those who you feel are your friends sucks double! Yeah, they don't get it. Maybe if they ever become parents they will. Sounds like you love your life, and thats what counts. I hope you have a beautiful pregnancy and a magical birth. May your spirit be infused with joy and love when you hold this little one in your strong mama arms in just a few months. That's what it's all...
No, you didn't sell out. You probably preserved a whole lot of peace of mind for yourself, tho. Court battles can be hideous in many ways, but particulary they can be very damaging to the children involved. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and run rather than bringing a bunch of stress and anger into your little family. My ex contributes nothing money wise. I find that if I have no expectations, then I have no resentment. Plus, I simply hate being econmically...
Interesting reading, Seasons. Oddly contradictory conclusions. There are so probably so many nuances at play. Levels of economic dependency, general levels of mental health and self-esteem, cultural and religious expectations, age, etc. And reducing men and women to biological imperative is, well, short sighted at best. Men do have a hard road to travel in society these days. The comment that "the cultural message that men should not react to pain in their bodies...
Oh, yes or no questions, okay. Am I following the right employment path for right now? Thank you so much!