or Connect

Posts by ehunter27

Thanks for replying.  I've spent the last two weeks reading about encopresis, which I know he is developing/developed.  I'm trying to find a way out of it early.  He has no health issues--I'm pretty sure.  he was always very regular when in diapers.  I can tell he holds it until he looses control.  We have been sitting on the potty.  he doesn't know how to poop.  He can't seem to activate those muscles...I'm not sure why.  I know as soon as he can activate them, he will...
Anyone???? :)
Sorry--typo in there--when we tried to get rid of the pull-ups for pooping, DS continued to soil undies.  He wears only undies now but soils them with his bowel movements.  Which have become bigger, I've noticed.  Due to withholding.
Where to begin?   Our son has been peeing in the potty since a bit before 3.5   Very hard on himself; very difficult time to do the pee on potty; but once he could do it, rarely ever ever an accident.  Almost never.   He has not yet pooped on the potty.  Ever.  We tried, but he woudln't.  So he spent until a couple months ago in undies--but he would use a pull-up for pooping.  I'd help him change, and wipe him/he'd help wipe.   About two months befoer he was...
4 yo DS is getting:   long underwear new undies homemade pillow pet homemade apron for cooking/art train book ornament
I understand your concern about the babysitter not following your instructions. However, I do think you may be assuming she understood those instructions. I think you do need to make yourself more clear. The fact that your daughter likes her, she seems honest with you (If she knew DD was not to have doritos I assume she would not have told you), and she is safe make me think that you have a good babysitter here. Just be clear. Explain you don't want her eating...
My son will turn 4 in a few days. We've had a hectic month w/ the beginning of school and many many family birthdays (9 in one month). Thus, I had decided to put off swim lessons until a sesson that begins early/mid November. My MIL seems to think otherwise--she basically gave me an earful about how I should be taking him to open swims, etc. I also have a toddler, who is 22 months old, and work 2 days a week. My husband is gone from 6:15-5:30 every day for work, so...
I don't think it is harsh to expect that what is served will be what dinner is... In our home, breakfast adn lunch tend to be fairly kid centered. Snacks are fruit, cheese, veggies, hummus, crackers, granola bars, etc. However, at dinner, I do try to make sure there is one thing the children will eat, and they are always given a glass of milk and then water if they want that. If they say they are hungry later, they can have apples or carrots. If I notice the kids...
no suggestions?
Hi. I'm sure this is an all to familiar thread, but any sage advice would be useful and appreciated. DS is turning 3.5 in a week or so. We live in the northeast, and last spring I attempted a bit of potty training for a few days, but it didn't really go anywhere. I had a 5 month old at the time and he wasn't super interested. I had to go back to work; awful schedule, rather awful time for my family. My husband was working 60 hours a week and I about 35. The...