or Connect

Posts by Pepperdove

Ooooh the solid food poops are nasty to get off diapers. Yet I still can't seem to remember to use the liners! me = crazy Guess I'm still just used to the dipaer service, where you don't have to scrape or anything. That's nice, but I like my diapers better. And with 2 in diapers, it's good to like your diapers. We too are in the house of snot, DH is just now coming down with it but he is hte last holdout. DS and I have been sich all last weekend and some of the week...
i too am interested to know this...
A few weeks ago DH had a dream where my father's mother and sister came to him and had a message but he couldn't understand. I immediately felt that it was real when he told me, even though I seldom buy into that stuff. I still genuinely feel that they came to him; why not me? I don't know. I hope I can open my mind enough that they can reach me with the message, and truly I just want to see them again. It's been a long time.
gilamama, all the rules are the main trouble I have with the traditional jewish lifestyle!!! I am drawn to it in so many ways, but the idea that I can be doing it "wrong" (like the time a woman pinned my shirt at Shabbat dinner b/c she thought it was too revealing) just turns me off. I'm so rebellious it makes me just want to run away. That said, I dress modestly and when I had my dreads I covered too (not so much now that I have regular hair, who knows why?) We keep...
Although I believe he was a man like any man, I believe Jesus was a great teacher and scholar and that essentially (if not technically) he was a great rabbi. So I give his teachings as much consideration as any other revered and respected rabbi. Can't really say that in front of any of my Jewish family except my DH, though... :
I'm an only child and have had to learn sooo mant lessons about sharing, opening myself to others, and loving others even when they don't act the way I want them to. it's not easy. here's to learning as we go!
Amanda, I feel the same way a lot of the time. My DH has his moments of being very intense about his spirituality, and I (former agnostic) just get the feeling I could never keep up, so why try? But I try to remember that although we are helpmeets, we are our own women and we are not well served well by defining ourselves through someone else. So hard for me! Perhaps finding a congregatio or study group with ideals closer to your own would help to inspire you. I am...
Ruthla, I'll be thinking of you and your family (I often do actually)... nak btw we are just starting to build our family traditions and tu b'shevat is a toughy for e. there is no equivalent in my pre-conversion life for me to draw from, and dh never really celebrated it as a child (veeery reform)... so it still feels a little foreign and awkward. good links ladies, they should help!
Quote: Originally Posted by beemama Last year I drew/watercolored myself giving birth down on one knee, looking very calm & empowered... when the time came, my water broke & I dropped to one knee and felt her crowning.... I quickly remembered my TM and the calm took over, it was as it was meant to be- like I was getting some kind of "go ahead"... I pushed my babe out into my dh's hands a minute or so later... about 10 minutes before the midwife arrived....
i could only watch half of the movie before my comp froze but it was enough. wow. i am in our (finished) basement and i can see so much orphan and unneeded stuff down here. things tend not to escape, yknow? but when we moved here (less than 2 yrs ago) the basement looked impossibly huge and empty. not somuch now. hmmm.