or Connect

Posts by angelachristin

I am a MT, I did the Career Step program in 2007 and had a job within a month of graduating.  I have been working for the same company ever since, although the company has gone through some changes and been bought/sold and is now on the 3rd new name since I was hired, but I had the same boss and same accounts up until a week ago, when my account that I worked on for over 5 years left my company for another one.  Anyway, there are good things and bad.  It's nice to be...
My MIL used to be a nurse and she is very old school.  She would never approve of not vaxing.  She also lives 5 minutes away and sees my kids a miniumum of 5 days/week.  This has never been an issue, though, because we have never told her!  She will say things like, "It must be about time for DS's 4-year checkup, isn't it?"  and I'll say, "Yes, it must be," and that's that.  I think a few times she's says things like "How did he do with his shots?" and I'll say, "He...
  I know it's super hard to get over the fear of fever.  But I wanted to mention that using fever reducers such as Tylenol and Motrin actually can cause febrile seizures, because the seizures are actually not caused by how high the fever goes, but by a quickly spiking fever, which often happens just as you described, when a dose of Tylenol or Motrin wears off.  I used to medicate for fevers and the illnesses would drag on and on.  Last time my DS was sick, he had a...
My gosh, I think I would have called animal control or somebody to make sure those dolphins weren't abandoned there.  How sad.  They might have been staring at you guys so much because they were hungry and looking for you to feed them, or something. 
sorry, never mind.
  But how did your friend just sit there and let that happen?  They must have injected her over 20 times, there is no way on the planet I can imagine someone just sitting there and allowing that to happen to their child?  She's lucky her daughter didn't die or become seriously brain injured from something like that.   
I thought I had replied in this thread before, but it must have been a different one.  Anyway, it sounds like FPIES to me.  FPIES is a food allergy but it does not show up on blood testing or skin testing, it's a different type of allergy http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/resourcespre.php?id=99   either that or as others have said, it may be just not showing on the testing because it is inaccurate at this age. 
Honestly, it kind of doesn't even make sense.  If you take an unvaxed 3-year-old in to begin vaxes, they aren't going to give "3 years worth of vaxes" in one visit, because that just isn't how they catch them up and it would be very dangerous to give, for example, 4 DTP shots in the same day, let alone along with 4 hep B doses, 2 MMR doses, 3 polio doses, etc.  I can't imagine even the most pro-vax health care provider out there giving 3 years worth of doses to a child...
  No, he has never been tested.  His eczema cleared up when he was about 3 months old, and he hasn't had an ear infection in years, probably since he was 8 months old.  He was in daycare from the time he was 3 months until 7-1/2 months, so he got sick a lot and upper respiratory infection always turned into ear infection for him as a baby.  He was a hot mess there for a while, LOL, but he is really a very healthy and sturdy kid now with generally no problems except once...
I have been thinking about this a lot the past few days and wanted to throw this out here and see what others' opinions are.  I am wondering if there is truly any rhyme or reason to why some kids get food allergies and some don't.    I have 2 kiddos, DS is just about 4 years old and DD is 14 months.  We do have some FA's in our family history--my mom is allergic to shellfish, MIL is allergic to shellfish, BIL was apparently allergic to eggs and peanuts as a child and...