or Connect

Posts by ~ATenthMuse~

Quote: Originally Posted by lmonter Oh shoot. Sunbirds sounds so darned familiar, but I can't place it. For some reason all I'm coming up with is that big red L-shaped building that used to house a nun-run thrift store in half and was like another Tri-State or Yardbirds in the other half, but they kept getting flooded and finally gave up. I still have fond memories of driving past the mint processing plant/factory and Grandpa always mentioning how good...
That is too funny, Lanna! It is huge! And the store was cleaned up after the flood and recently painted, so it's much better in there than the first time I went in... I haven't been in the rest of the "mall" part though, just the grocery part. How about Sunbirds though??? I Sunbirds. Jojo, I enjoyed Red Lobster down there when I was pregnant, too. Bagging my own groceries, I'm cool with it, so long as someone warns me... I had that deer in headlights look my first time...
Shop*n*Kart is the Yardbird's building... Was it somewhere else before? Now I know where you get your skills from! We have really used the library a lot this year. The programs have been nice and they've even expanded the dates on a few of those that are going on right now. I can usually get what I'm looking for quickly, even if I have to wait list it. I can't wait to see the inside of the new Chehalis library!
I know exactly what you mean! It's a fine enough place to live once you get used to it. We moved from New Orleans two years ago. It's taken close to that long for us to get comfortable here, but we're feeling pretty good about it now. I meant to say earlier about the ped, we have seen a family doctor here in Centralia and he's been fine. I like being acquainted with someone in case of emergencies, so we do annual visits with him. We've seen someone in Oly, at Oly Peds,...
Quote: Originally Posted by jojobean I am moving to Toledo Wa, which is near Chehalis/Centralia, an hour away from Olympia. Anyone else out that way? I spent a few months out there and was just having a terrible time finding anything. I am looking for a good healthfood store, no vax friendly ped, a consignment shop for kids clothing and toys, and really some mamas to hang out with! Hi. We're in Centralia. I don't know much about Toledo at...
I'm going to wait a while longer before going to the doc, but I'm still interested in hearing from others! Thanks for the responses!
Has anyone had vision changes AFTER their birth? My eyes were and have always been fine before ds was born this past April... 20/20 vision, not easily irritated, etc. Soon after he was born, within a week or two, my eyes started going blurry a lot. When I watch tv or look at the computer screen for longer periods of time, it comes on quickly. Also, my eyes are frequently bloodshot by the end of the day. This was never the case before his birth. Only after long hours...
I can't remember if I came back after ds was born. Anyway, you were right! It was a big boy! A 12 lb, 23 in one.
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie See now, I'm going for stuff I haven't read. But I think I'm going to end up reading most of them no matter what. Same here!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama Rana Definitely! I love TKAM, and if it wins that'd be great too, but I've read it a cajillion times. I voted for Bless Me, Ultima because it sounded so interesting. And the whole curandera/midwife theme. : I may read it anyway even if it doesn't win! I was just curious. It seemed as if everyone was going for something they'd read before. Well, I added the ones that I hadn't read to my queue at the library...