or Connect

Posts by ~ATenthMuse~

You'd think we'd have given weather phenomenon more of a consideration when we moved last time, but we didn't... I lived in Florida for several years and had to deal with evacuating for hurricanes there and even some close calls with tornadoes, but dh & I have really had some experiences: 2001 Nisqually earthquake in WA state( my first ever earthquake experience!), 2005 Katrina in New Orleans, 2007 severe flooding in Lewis County, WA. Enough already! We moved back to WA...
I get it, every 2-2.5 years... We've been here, almost 2 years. Getting a taste of the upcoming PNW gloomy winter, here and there over the past week, is not helping to keep the urge away.: Un/Fortunately, we bought a house this last move, complicating things... The last move was a very expensive one. I'm no help, but I know exactly what you mean.
We have great neighbors for the most part. The older bachelor across from us invited us to pick raspberries from his backyard just the other day. The best one though is right next door... She brought a bowl of organic grapes, a fat & juicy nectarine, and a half a bottle of wine yesterday. A lot of food gets passed around on this end of the block... Most everyone is friendly and thoughtful. It's nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flor How quickly will a will work? Do they have to go to court first? Sorry, I asked, but he doesn't know. Thankfully, he's never had to deal with this situation. When dh & I were in the military, we had to have wills... We had nothing come up related to the kids, but anyone that needed to see it, really just wanted a look at it or a copy of it and that was that... I take that back. I also had a POA giving my son's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Love I have been told the police will ONLY release children to CPS, until the court deals with the will.... UNLESS you have special paperwork with you that they find. My dh is a leo. He says that if the parents are incapacitated due to a collision, the kids will be going to the hospital to be checked out and the hospital decides from there. In a bad collision, chances are a sticker or a note, won't be seen. Most...
I'm so sorry.
An update, sort of. The vet came to our house this evening. I'm just not ready to talk to him, but dh did. Dh said he's very upset. Said that they want to donate to a rescue in her name and mentioned helping us find another dog in the future when we're ready. We're going both going to meet with them next week. The whole office is upset he said... They seem very remorseful. I guess it was just a tragic, freak thing. On a side note, our shepherd and cat both seem to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla It really sounds like they're doing all they can do at this point. We don't yet know if they've fixed the kennell area yet, but they've already offered to do what I had suggested (refund money for boarding the dogs) and in general they sound very sympathetic. Likely they're nearly as upset as you are and feel horribly guilty. Dont' rush into another dog. You need to grieve for this one first. I remember when Midnight...
I asked dh, he didn't sign anything when he dropped them off this time. I'm not sure if it's because of a previously signed agreement they had on hand... Quote: Originally Posted by boysrus Ralphie and Lucy and all the rest of us send our condolences. Ralphie's twin. I am so sorry If you ever need some doxie love, you know where to find us Thanks. Quote: Originally Posted by number572 Oh! I'm sorry for your little...
Quote: Originally Posted by North_Of_60 No, not necessarily. In fact, a fatal attack where two strange dogs have ended up in the same run at a strange kennel doesn't surprise me that much at all. None of those dogs likely know each other, and many of them are probably stressed or at least hyper sensitive, which the other dogs can sense. Two dogs can be fine nose to nose through a fence after a couple of days being neighbors, but all bets can be off the...