or Connect

Posts by shimmer

Shop vac!! Drywall dust is a pain for sure. Shop vac really well and the let sit and do it again once the dust settles. Then, just wipe with a wet rag. It will come up but it will take time. Have totally been in your shoes. Sorry!!
I'm so very sorry for you family's loss. I know from experience that healing is a slow process. When my daughter died I spent some time in a blur. I appreciated meals, flowers, and friends calling to check on me. But, it honestly blurs together. What made the difference was the friends and family that were in it for the long haul. The ones that asked about me and about her. The ones who would mention her name in conversation. The ones that months and years later...
My kids are 9, 3, and 2 and I don't typically carry a diaper bag and haven't for most of my parenting. My suggestion is get one smallish cute bag that you really like that can be used in many situations. My car is sort of my "diaper bag". I keep one bag loaded in the car with: diapers, wipes, extra change of clothes for all. Also in the car I keep a small tub of ready-to go snacks (ones that don't need to be kept cold). And, I keep another small tub of car activities or...
I don't think they are against small business. However, consumers have begged for TOY SAFETY and the government responsed. In an election year especially, nobody could easily vote against TOY SAFETY. This not only hurts small artisans. It directly hurts small businesses like mine. Toy stores, children's clothing stores, children's book stores, etc all are in a state of peril as a result of this legislation. One thing to note is the legislation wasn't this strict; it...
[/QUOTE] The marketing approach that I see in this could be especially effective locally (at child fairs, farmer's markets, craft fairs, cloth diaper lessons, maybe even in crunchy-leaning kid's boutiques). Make a poster, a flier, a banner, a display. Put up a page on your website. However you can, tell the consumers about the new Children's Products regulations that are going into effect, regulations that require testing for certain harmful chemicals. Take them along...
This legislation is not only going to hurt small guys but medium and big guys as well. This means EVERYONE cannot sell products that aren't tested to new levels after 2/10/09. Anyone who does will be subject to fines and felony charges. Sure, bigger corporations are more likely to afford testing. But, they often carry hundreds, if not thousands of individual items. An additional enormous problem is this legislation prohibts sale of current inventory. That means...
We put 25% of our net into savings: retirement, college fund, long-term, short-term.
We've an an employee like this in our business. He wasn't horrible, just wasn't so good. We let it go on too long and finally couldn't take it any more and decided we needed to let him go. We do random employee reviews (because we are disorganized!) and did a round of reviews for several people, including him. During his review we let him know areas he was required to improve on and let him know that they were necessary areas in order to remain working for us. (He'd had...
We love Davis Family Farm. They always treat us so nicely. We were there today and both of my kids got turns driving the tractor. The pickings are getting slim on pumpkins this year so get there soon! If you go on the weekend the doughnuts are yummy!
1. Reduce...keep only what you and the kids love. I keep quality open-ended toys that I expect to be able to hand down. 2. Seperate types of toys in different "zones". I keep all art supplies in one cupboard (It's a bookshelf with cupboard doorsfrom IKEA.) in the living room. (It's locked because of my toddler but eventually won't be.) Puzzles and games are in another closet. Then, toys particular to each child are in their rooms. This typically helps the play to be in...