or Connect

Posts by bellymama

i was bf'd till 14 months.
he might get back into it when you have your baby. my best friend's kiddo kind of stopped nursing when she was pregnant, but he is totally back into it now. she just made it clear that if he wanted it, it was there...for the last bit of her pregnancy he chose to just sit on her lap and hold her boob for comfort rather than nurse. but as soon as her milk came back in, he was back. if it was my kid, i would just pay attention to his cues and go with what he needs.
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsfrazier Umm I don't think it sounds like the OP was trying to coerce her son into nursing more....to go from 6-7 times per day to none at once is a lot, and it sounds more like she was genuinely wanting to make sure that if he still wanted to nurse, it was available to him. yeah, see that's why i posted that i wasn't talking about the OP, and apologized to her for threadjacking. this thread just brought up a...
Quote: Originally Posted by herins I have read this entire thread over the past couple of hours, and my mind didn't settle until JacquelineR started posting. I think that had BellyMama explained in the beginning (not that she should have known we needed to be told) how much power a word has, *some* of the arguments may not have started. I think the essence of the thread is that some people honour (without necessarily understanding) many aspects of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Belle I've only read the first 10 pages or so. One of the pillars of Islam is to go on a journey to Mecca. It is called a Haj. The (rather poor) English translation of this word is Pilgrimage. Now say I were to go on a journey of religious significance. I would call it a pilgrimage and not a haj. Should Muslims be offended because I used the word Pilgrim? I would expect them to be offended if I called myself a Haji...
Quote: Originally Posted by queenjane You asked if the OP brought her kids to the parties (presumably, to show that if HER kids could be there, then why not the sister's kids...) The poster was just saying that the OP doesnt have kids yet, she is trying to conceive (as is listed in her sig line). Katherine ahhh! i see. that makes sense. i don't really read people's sigs...i usually have the sig's turned off since they tend to bug me.
Quote: Originally Posted by redsoxdoula Hey, thanks for the thread. We actually named our celebration "Blessing God's Way". The mother celebrated prefers her feet not be washed. Having a foot-washing is not only pampering, but it is also an example of Jesus washing the feet of his friends. What a humbing experience it can be! Honeybee, I just love your ideas. Thx! that's so awesome. i think it's really cool that you were inspired by the...
Quote: Originally Posted by dubfam the OP is TTC wait, people who are TTC can't go to parties anymore? that sucks.
do you bring your kids to the party?
i agree felix, for my child at this age, i wouldn't feel comfortable pushing the issue. but i bet there are some 17 month olds who are eating a lot less solids than my son, so in cases where the child is getting most of it's food from breast milk, i can see why it would be necessary...ykwim? i think these kinds of issues should be looked at individually...each mother and child are so different, and it's not fair to lump everyone together and decide what is "right" or...