or Connect

Posts by LenasMommy

I am in need of some urgent help.. I applied to be a foster parent and the company is insisting my daughter get a TB test. She is only 4 years old and has been diagnosed with PDD-NOS and several developmental delays/disabilities. She has absolutely none of the risk factors either. They are telling me if she doesn't have the test, then we cannot be foster parents. Please HELP! What would you do?
Hi! I'm a single mom and we are a homeschooling family. Have you considered becoming an online professor? Some online schools to consider are: Argosy University Online, Capella University, Kaplan University, University of Phoenix just to name a few. This is my plan once I finish my masters degree. The pay can be pretty good too! Just an idea Good luck!
I was right.. they aren't qualifying her because she doesn't meet TEA guidelines. I am so furious right now. Not too sure what to do next. Atleast I let that school psychologist know how I feel about the decision. sooooo mad.
I have a 3 and a half year old who is diagnosed with PDD-NOS, Sensory Integration Disorder and Dyspraxia. She has been getting early intervention services since she was 11 months old. She was also found to be eligible for social security disability. We just moved into a new school district (in a new state) and I am trying to get her placed into the PPCD program. The PPCD program is a preschool for children with special needs. My daughter was found to be eligible in our...
I am really hoping to find some Waldorf inspired families in or around San Antonio.. Any one out there?
I bought mine from here and I LOVE it. She also has an ebay store. I can't say enough good things about the woman who runs this store. It ships from Austrailia though.. Thought I'd share though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyrestorm Have you checked the MMWR? It should tell you how many cases in the state and if there is an 'outbreak' in the city. Was it a Dr. that told you measles was 'really bad' there? I just checked the MMWR - There have been 1 reported case of measles in the whole US so far for 2010. Maybe that one case was in Texas and maybe it was even in San Antonio...if it was, would you consider that really...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyrestorm Have you checked the MMWR? It should tell you how many cases in the state and if there is an 'outbreak' in the city. Was it a Dr. that told you measles was 'really bad' there? Yeah, my sister (who has lived here for about 3 years) told me this is what two doctors had told her. Both are located in San Antonio. My first thought was this was just a line that they use. I checked the MMWR and found no reason...
I just relocated to San Antonio. I was told that measles are really bad here. Is there any truth to this? For those of you living in this area, did you choose to give the measles vaccine. Generally I do not give my daughter vaccinations. But I was curious what others would have to say.
Quote: Originally Posted by takebirthback I don't feel wonderful about Matt. There is something off in the relationship, I don't think you two are on the same page at all. Doors will not open to others as long as you doorway is already blocked... There is another man though. He feels younger to me. Younger as in mid 20s, no older than 30. He is very intelligent. Some might say he's a bit nerdy, but he's really not. He's just smart and works in a...