or Connect

Posts by CassiopiaTheOnly

great reply, thanks for the encouragement :) :) :)
Ok y'all I wanted to pop back in with another update :) J had her temporary hearing, I think the final one is set for July. The restraining order for her against ex has been extended through to the final hearing. The one for DC against ex has been dropped. He can see DC every weekend, I believe it is, and has been ordered (FINALLLLLLLLLY) to pay child support! Also, an attorney was sitting in at their temporary hearing and asked to speak with J afterwards, and J texted...
Oh wow, I didn't know that (obviously), I went ahead and texted her right away so she knows what to say on Monday when she calls them. Thank you!!
Hi all, I wanted to update and thank you all for your insight, as this is so new for both of us, and we're just trying to figure it out.   J's babe is actually 3, not an infant, so when the altercation happened he was absolutely distraught for the next few days. He's better now though, resilient :)    J went ahead with the TRo, and will go back to court to see if it stays in a week or so. The altercation happened in a video blind spot, so no footage, but she has...
 Idk what happened yesterday, I tried to respond but it never posted... Thank you all so much for your replies, I appreciate it. Apparently when babe was discharged there was an altercation, he was in j's arms and ex and his mom both tried to rip him from her arms. They left marks on the babe, she took pictures. I told her to file for a protective retraining order from them both. Good idea?
My friend J has always been a single mother to her 3 year old. There's never been a plan on the book, she has always tried to amicably share time with her x. No child support given, no help with expenses, it just was what it was and she was comfortable with that. Three weeks ago she was blindsided with papers. X hired a lawyer, wanted SOLE custody, with her having EOW (when she cared for baby 90% of the time to this point (even now with his court action pending)), as well...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marsupialmom Some states it is hard for a dad to get a paternity test unless the mother (or state) ask for it. In the states that do allow it, there is not much education that a possible dad can request DNA. This. What a terrible situation all around. Been on a similar side of your friend's fence, and still dealing with the repercussions. Mistakes by dad that are inexcusable, but also dealing with a mom that lied...
Thank you! I will forward that suggestion to her in the morning so she can bring it up when she meets w/ her attorney.
I do agree with all of your posts, thank you. She went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with PPD and filled a Rx for Zoloft. She's calling various locations looking for anger management classes, I think she found one, but am not sure. She's also called a lawyer and will be meeting with him tomorrow. Her husband found out she was keeping track of what has been going on between them, and has told her that he will not let her see her child unless she does what he wants...
oh I also wanted to add that during this time, instead of allowing her to pump and having FIL pick up the milk for the baby, this "father" gave baby formula, which resulted in bowl irritation and copious amounts of mucous in his diaper the following day...