or Connect

Posts by ProtoLawyer

(this is not legal advice)   No, nobody has the right to come into your house except the people who live there, people you or your husband invite in, and people who bring a search warrant or court order. And I've never seen a court order in a divorce/custody case require one party to let the other party in to inspect. If she has a problem with your house or something she believes is affecting her daughter in your house, she needs to go to court and convince the judge...
Yup, we're here, too. (My son's a week younger than your daughter.) He's teething (his two bottom center teeth have broken through, but others are making their way) and working on crawling and getting himself to and from a seated position. Motrin has helped the teething; the topical gel was useless. (He just looked at me with that "what are you DOING to me, woman?" look.) Yesterday, after 8 a.m., he slept from 11 to 11:30 a.m., 3 to 4 p.m., 7 to 8 p.m., 10:30 p.m. to 1...
Glad everyone's OK, somegirl!   As some of you know, my husband's running for local office, and we're all kinds of nuts around here.   This is how weird my family's life is right now:  In my son's 8 months of existence, he has attended at least five political fundraisers for non-family, two political fundraisers for his dad, one day of labor rallies in Madison (used our state representative's office as a nursery for a little bit, too), one press conference at the...
My 8-month-old does that on occasion. Some weeks, he drinks 4-8 ounces all day, every day; other weeks, it's 20. Regardless, he wants to nurse right when I get home, and he's more prone to reverse-cycling (nursing way more at night) on the low intake days. My supply stays pretty consistent at around 14-16 ounces pumped per day, so I freeze the excess from the slow weeks and use them for the hungry weeks.
What's that? A teeny tiny little toothlet popped out yesterday! I think its friend will be following soon (heck, if it hasn't already; I've been gone since 8 and it's now almost 3).
It's different in every state, but I could see this coming up in the financial disclosures you're required to provide to the court and to your ex when deciding support and custody. Expenses paid on your behalf (especially for one of the big life issues, like education, health care, religion, housing) need to be disclosed in some states.   I actually remember my own divorce (Wisconsin, no fault, no kids)--by the time we filled out our financial disclosures, my now-ex was...
I've heard water is OK when you start them with solids.
My 8-month-old has been teething for 6 months now, with no actual teeth yet. On his really bad days, he'll refuse his bottle (I WOH and pump) and then nurse and nurse and nurse when I get home. It hasn't affected his nighttime sleep yet (thank goodness) but I'd really like those teeth to pop. They're right there, I can feel them, it's almost like if I rubbed the gum with my fingernail and scraped off that little bit of skin holding them in, they'd show up  and things...
1. Immediate post-partum hormones are HARD. People warned me about the "baby blues," but didn't warn me that it can be WAY more than that for a few weeks (and not ever develop into PPD, though of course that's something to watch for). Between the physical recovery (which, for me, after an emergency c-section that was probably medically warranted but not wanted, included a blood transfusion, hallucinations from narcotics, and mastitis), sleep deprivation, and general...
Sorry, I was unclear: No MILK in liquid form other than breastmilk. He's had whole-milk yogurt and some cheese. I didn't mean no fluids other than breastmilk, just no fluid milk. We offer water but he's not interested.