or Connect

Posts by ProtoLawyer

Chicken at around 7 months,  pulled pork (unintentionally--he grabbed some and practically inhaled it) a few nights ago.   No fish yet, but we really haven't been cooking much (I'm working full time and my husband is campaigning for office--once the election's over, whether he wins or loses, we'll actually have way more free time).
(this is not legal advice)   I think, since it's a school document, he's entitled to it regardless of who pays. Presumably, there are other terms and conditions that affect your child. Do you think he may be lawyering up for a child support or custody review? The lawyer would want to see the document for himself/herself even if the tuition about was known.   But he isn't entitled to personal things like credit card numbers that don't belong to him, or social...
Thanks. He's not particularly happy right now. I'd be more worried about him being sick (ear infection? reflux?) if it kept him up at night, but it doesn't. I have read that some babies can sleep just fine through teething but not through other pain. He wakes, feeds, goes back to sleep. (We co-sleep.) I will call the doctor if this keeps up and teeth don't come in. (I've got a good family doc who won't rush to medicalize everything.)   I'm also wondering if some of...
What's going on? Our formerly mellow baby has become VERY fussy this past week, both for me and for his dad. He's OK in public, oddly, but at home, he cries, hard. It doesn't seem to be separation anxiety, because he'll cry in arms (mine unless he's nursing, and my husband's). He got over a cold last week, but doesn't appear to have anything lingering from that--he's not pulling on his ears or chewing his hands or anything. He's sleeping decently other than the reverse...
Well, I'll be darned.   E. grabbed a handful of smoked, pulled pork, in barbecue sauce (that did not contain honey) from my plate last night, and completely went to town. Flavor and texture 1, baby food, 0.
My son is eating teeny tiny amounts. He likes to gum things like celery, pizza crusts, and bell pepper rings, and likes to fling anything in a spoon at the dog (sometimes, I can actually see the wheels turning in his head: "Gee, I wonder what will happen if I spread this chicken and rice on the chair here"). He wants to self-feed but doesn't want to actually eat. He does like mashed butternut squash and refried beans (probably made with pork fat), though.   Oh...
Hi, all.   My husband is running for office (Milwaukee County Board, and there goes my anonymity! :D), and if he wins, we'll need day care for our son, who will be about 9 months old.   We live in Bay View (Fernwood area), and I work downtown on Water Street. My husband, currently a SAHD, will be working in the courthouse if he wins, so near those areas are preferred, but St. Francis, Cudahy, Menomonee Valley would be OK if that's what it comes to. We do cloth...

(I just figured out who you were. :hi)   Hey, congratulations on the baby boy!   As I'm sure you're aware, he does have the right to pursue paternity and custody/visitation, though the idea that he'd get sole custody is laughable. (And, as I'm sure you're also aware, he is trying to control you--he probably doesn't actually give a rip about this child as a human being. So, in your shoes, I would tell him to buzz off about the name until a court told us...
My son is 7 months old, and multiple people have commented that they've never seen a baby as wiggly as he is. He just can't sit still at all, and has been that way since he "woke up" from the birth and jaundice.   If he's nursing and not almost asleep, at least one arm and one leg are moving around. Sitting on your lap? Whole body wiggles and nearly pops off. (He managed to wiggle himself off the bed at a few weeks old, right on to a pillow, no worse for wear, but...