or Connect

Posts by CeeCee123

My little boy is turning one this week which I'm in shock about anyway I can't believe he is getting so big! I'm also trying to figure out how to deal with him screaming with frustration at things not going his way. I hesitate to call it a temper at this young age, but it certainly seems that way sometimes. Since he was born he's had a lovely, outgoing personality and has overall been laid back and happy. However, recently, he's been getting frustrated - he...
My 10 month old son is a happy, bouncing baby boy who is an absolute joy and delight. He is, also, very BUSY! He is into everything, crawling all around and playing with his toys. Quite often, when I pick him up, he's pushing against me to get down and play with whatever he sees on the floor. He is affectionate and happy to see me after naps etc. I do really enjoy our time together nursing as that's probably when he's at his most cuddly. Overall though, although...
Hi, We are moving to England in the middle of June and before we go we are taking a giant road trip for three weeks visiting various relatives of DH. Once we go to England we will be in temporary accommodation for one month, so we won't be back into a home of our own until close to the middle of August. DS has just turned 8 months and is hitting a rough patch right now between teething, the first inklings of separation anxiety/stranger fear and generally learning a...
Has anyone tried the TruKids Sunny Days line? It was ranked very highly in the cosmetic database for its safety and is slightly cheaper than California Baby. Just curious - my LO practically glows he's so white, so I know I need to be extra careful!
Hi, So, my LO is slowly getting introduced to solids, and has made it pretty clear that while he will eat apples, carrots or sweet potatoes until they come out of his ears, he is totally indifferent to rice cereal. Oatmeal is out as he seemed to have a bit of a reaction to it so I'm steering well clear. I really don't want to force him to eat it, and while I'm perfectly happy to skip it (it seems a bit pointless if you ask me), I am curious about iron. Is it...
Hi, My 6 month old is a chubby little guy and I find that I am having some problems with onesies long enough to snap over his diaper, and pants that have enough room in the butt. The poor guy always ends up looking like he's wearing shorts if I have him in all in one outfits as the legs just ride up so much. In the UK, where I'm from originally, people have bought him clothes from Green Baby which are wonderful because they have really roomy butts designed to...
If you live near Boston, Hatched in Jamaica Plain carries the New Native Baby Carrier. I like it a lot and it was great to be able to try it out before I bought it.
Hi, Anyone use a jogging stroller? I want to get back into running outside with the baby and since I can't wear the baby while running I have a jogging stroller but I'm hearing conflicting information about when it's OK to run with the little one. He's nearly 6 months which I thought would make him the right age for me to run with him in the stroller, but my sister in law tells me it's a year. Bear in mind - I run VERY slowly
Hi, My 5 month old will take three naps a day, each one for exactly 45 minutes each (you can pretty much set your clock by them). He falls asleep easily but every time wakes up after exactly 45 minutes. He's in a dark room with white noise playing so I don't think it's noise around the house that wakes him. I wouldn't be concerned apart from the fact that he is obviously still tired when he wakes up and by night time is totally exhausted and miserable. He will...
Hi, I swear that my 4 month old seems to be crankier now than when he was at the supposed "peak" of crying. He has happy times, for sure, and can be very smiley and giggly. Then he'll just get grumpy and cry and cry. Some of it is from being overtired so I'll try and get him to nap which works some days and not others. I guess I'm being a little oversensitive because I kind of had it in my mind that once he reached that 3 month milestone that was the light at the...