or Connect

Posts by jenniepaige

Quote: Originally Posted by dollyanna I wonder if I could just cook them forever in a crock pot to the same effect... Another thought I've been having: Waldorf Salad. I can't eat walnuts, though. Wonder what would be a good substitute. I was wondering the same thing...any one try it?
This sounds fantastic! Do you use it on the jam setting in your crock pot? About how many apples do you use? This sounds great I might just try it this weekend? Oh and about how much does it yield? Thanks!! mmmmmm Quote: Originally Posted by inkedmamajama i make crockpot apple butter with only one tablespoon of molasses to every crockpot full of cut and peeled apples. i add a nip of brandy and a couple of nobs of butter and cook for HOURS until...
Quote: Originally Posted by paxye I agree... Vanillin is the worst ingredient in it... We have a house brand that I buy that has real Vanilla... it is also cheaper... we don't eat it often but it is a treat that we love! Do you mean a store brand? Which one?
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyantavid I don't like ribs in general, but I'd pick pork ribs over beef any day. We raise our own grassfed beef and seriously, the ribs are last to ever get eaten. It's obviously worth it to us, because it's just much cheaper to grass feed than grain feed. And much healthier. I do think that if you've only ever eaten grocery store beef, it does take some getting used to because it just tastes different. You might...
Quote: Originally Posted by Holiztic I have actually never had short ribs, only pork ribs, but the grass-fed beef we tried from a farm in PA tastes TERRIBLE to us, so I always taste test ground beef (do burgers so you can really taste it), a roast, and a steak before buying in bulk! BTW: which farm? I didn't know we had a "famous" beef farm in MD! We get our beef from Polyface (pick up in Laurel) I assume you're out west? It's Hedge Apple...
I think the worst thing in it is the vanillin. It is a by product of the paper making industry which has all kinds of gross stuff in it. I don't touch if if I notice it's in there. I also don't really care for it anyhow. My mom likes it and eats it though.
So I have done a lot or research and really feel that we should try switching over to grass fed beef. There are so many reasons for this and I would really like to give it a go. I found a farm 15 mins from me that is famous for it's grass fed beef. They have a freezer option for 40-42pds of premium cut beef for $300 that my parents and I want to split. This is really the only way that we can semi-afford it because it really is much more expensive. Well, I figured that...
One of our family staples is beans and rice with ground beef/turkey/sausage. Ground beef is great in it. If you are looking for something quick Zataran't is SO good, you just brown the beef and add it to it. To make it from scratch you make the beans and rice and then add the browned beef. It really sets it off if you add boiled egg, lime, and sour cream. mmmm
Oh wow! How special! I can't wait for DD to start reading...
Grammer is SOOO important! SO important. It sure is boring and does seem unimportant but boy is it. I remember reading some of my sisters HS papers where the quailty in education was much worse then when I went there (that's not saying much) and was appalled at the papers that she would get A's on where her grammer was terrible. It's a must in order to be able to communicate effectively. I wish mine was better still! It can be a tough thing to teach though. I would say not...