or Connect

Posts by Justice2

I know that all of this is normal.  She knows that all of this is normal (from what I have told her and what she can google!).  Her husband just asked her tonight when her "boobs would recharge" and I didn't know how to answer that question.  I think that she is worried that she won't make enough to support her baby despite my insisting that she will make plenty and that she should nurse on demand, not on some schedule.
Hi all!  I have a friend who is a new mom.  Her little one is 12 days old.  Today he started nursing about every 2 hours and she wants to know how ofter her milk should come in.  I do not live near her and my nursing circumstances were odd, so I don't really know what to tell her.  She says that she cannot feel letdown as of yet.  I told her that a hungry baby was the quickest way to get letdown, and to latch her baby on if he was acting hungry.  Beyond that, I don't...
Hi!  I haven't been on these boards in so very long!!!  I have a question.  I am looking into permanent birth control.  Our family is complete and I am tired of having to take a pill every day.  So I went in for a consult and my provider offered two suggestions.  One, Filshie clamp - a titanium clamp that is affixed to the tube or a salpingectomy, removal of the tubes.  I am worried about having a foreign object in my body, but if I remove the tubes, are the ovaries...
I think it is important to help children understand loyalty and honor, this is what the pledge means to me - I also encourage them to NOT say the 'under god' portion, as this is not apart of the lesson I wish them to learn. I think that Americans can be grouped together, having commonalities, without bring religion into the mix.
Quote: Originally Posted by Justice2 January 9 - Citrus Broiled Salmon with Broccoli and rice 10 - Zucchini, Mediterranean Style 11 - Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese 12 - Lentil Soup 13 - Red Beans and Rice REVISED! Ok, so on the 12th I decided to be lazy. I had a ton of the Shrimp and tomatoes left so I decided to add a jar (shivers!) of spaghetti sauce and do revamped leftovers. I forgot to soak my beans so now I have to figure...
One of the major problems with doing an entire degree online is that when you present your degree to your prospective employers they anticipate that you have a 'well rounded' collegiate experience. In most cases (even with a degree in Liberal Arts) there will be a core curriculum that usually requires at least one science with a lab. It is very difficult to find this at home (although my last college in Watertown, NY offered their intro to Chem course and accompanying...
January 9 - Citrus Broiled Salmon with Broccoli and rice 10 - Zucchini, Mediterranean Style 11 - Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese 12 - Lentil Soup 13 - Red Beans and Rice I did it!! Ok, so it was only one day but my children were begging me all day to go out to eat and I managed to decline and cook. I am proud! Have a great day all!
Quote: Originally Posted by mysticmomma you can state wishes, but cannot actually will your kids to someone. the state will get involved and decide "best interests of the child." This is absolutely NOT true. Not to start a debate or to come off as antagonistic, but you most certainly can appoint a guardian for your children and, barring they are not deemed unfit should your family contest, that is who a judge will appoint custody to. My ds...
Really the first thing you need to do is to go after your back (and current) support. Was this an agreement that they two of you have? Was it ordered in your divorce proceedings at a certain amount? If you are trying to get him to sign over rights, going after his past support with the threat of jail (not from you, from a judge) he might terminate his rights. My xh went through this with an ex of his with whom he had a son with that he didn't believe was his...
Are there any type of family advocacy groups in your area that might be able to help you on a pro bono basis? Or may be a family attorney that would be willing to help you pro bono?