or Connect

Posts by Justice2

I suck! I have been flirting with becoming a vegetarian for years. I can go months and months without beef, pork, and poultry. I do mean MONTHS and then the only real reason I start eating it again is because I feel like a complete vegetarian failure because all of those months that I don't eat beef and poultry - I never STOP eating fish/seafood. I eat fish probably 2-3 times a week! I SUCK!! I did ok when we lived in upstate NY - it's very hard to get really good...
Quote: Originally Posted by elizawill i wasn't traumatized either. honestly, when i meet adults who did not celebrate santa, more times than not - they say they wished they had. i have yet to meet an adult IRL though who is upset that they did santa growing up. (IRL - i need to say that because inevitibly someone is about to post with their terrible story, lol). It wasn't a horrible story!! But I do wish that my parents would have been...
Quote: Originally Posted by philomom We don't do Santa here. We do consider it lying and we never, ever lie to our children. I completely agree with this statement. I can't bring myself to lie to my children either. It just felt wrong to me to lead my child to believe that a man breaks into our house on Christmas eve and leaves presents. Which is what it boils down to. We are very careful to assure that our children don't spoil it for other...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlito's_wife Our care is provided by the military. Sometimes going into the ER is the only way to be seen. To see another doctor off base would need a refferal and that could take months. I don't see how this could be disrespectful to anyone. They don't even see anyone at the on base ER who have critical emergancies. They call an ambulance and have them transported to the hospital in the nearest town. Most of the people in...
So I have been away for a long, long time. I think around the time Kaeleb turned 3 I thought to myself. Well, I don't have a baby anymore, so I don't have to go to mothering anymore. Oh how wrong I was!! Ok. I have a question. Kaeleb has never been afraid of anything. Now, all of a sudden he is afraid of lots of things that never bothered him before. He won't walk down a dark hall, but still sleeps in the dark. He says he's afraid of spiders and misquotes and...
Quote: Originally Posted by purplepaisleymama Your memory isn't going, that is a sign of ketoacidosis and of early diabetes. It can also be a sign of metabolic issues and of allergies, though I don't know which ones. I just posted a response to another similar question, I would post on the special needs forum, sometimes moms there are familiar with the different reasons these things happen. Hope that you get an answer soon, laura Hi there! ...
I guess I don't understand the problem. By making the statement "how do I tell my son that his father is gay" implies that gay is abnormal and could convey that attitude to your son. Your orientation may not be homosexual, but the fact that your exhusband is gay should not be an issue in your family or how your son is raised. I don't think that it should be a drama. It will be apart of your sons heritage and something that he should be proud of.
Ok, so one of my English books that I bought used apparent is supposed to come with a CD (that was missing, of course). I have checked out the syllabus and it mentions the book but nothing about the CD. Should I return the used book and buy a new one with the CD. The only time I have ever used the CD was for mymathlab in math. We didn't use the one in Pol Sci or in Geology last semester - but classes start Monday and I am starting my normal neurosis about the term.
Any news? I hope that you are feeling better today.
First things first - get off and stay off your feet (from a mom that starts labor at 25 weeks). Don't call your doc. Go directly to the ER...fub your dates if you must but you need to be checked for regular contractions and if they are present, dialation. If you tell them that you are 20+ weeks they usually send you straight to l&d and will begin to monitor you. That is my suggestion - and I am very, very hands off medically when it comes to pregnancy and birth - but a...