or Connect

Posts by Mama_Meme

here's an update and while the process was no fun, i think the result was good.    We ended up having ot go to the hospital as she was showing signs of dehydration and refused any liquids.  the doctors gave her something to numb her throat and she started drinking and eating.  today, she is still sick but is the most cooperative sick kid ever.  she has learned that she *has* to do the things she needs to do to help her body while she's sick or we go to the hospital,...
thanks for the advice.  I have been just giving her whatever she wants to eat, which isn't very much right now... 
HI all!   Maybe this should go in health.    I'm really at the end of my rope.  every time my daughter (5.5) gets sick (which thankfully isn't often), she is completely and utterly impossible.  She refuses to drink any fluids, even hot water with just honey (which is just super sweet and she likes), will not take any medicines (herbs, teas, throat lozenges etc) anything that will make her better.  she often refuses to eat. If i try massaging her or asking her if i...
I usually go out on my balcony and take a breath of fresh air.  or i sit really calmly and breathe.  or i lock myself in a room and breathe.  or I make some tea.  i also try to remember that she's clingy (i also have a barnacle child) because she is unable to communicate a need, and I try to establish what that might be: food, sleep, pain relief, entertainment, exercise, affection... and usually once i've discovered and fulfilled her need, the clingy-ness stops.  and...
Hi! I am, in fact, as SAHM who is single.   I've been separated for a year now and my ex is also really good financially, which allows me to stay home, as well as government child tax benefit.  I *really* am on a budget, but I don't mind.  My DD is 3.5 (in may) and I can't imagine not being at home with her.  That isn't to say I don't do some work.  I write some articles for the newpaper, do some relaxation massage, some child care and various odd jobs of whatever...
well, i have a neighbour who is willing to sit at a coffee shop with me and tell me the folks she knows that are single, and interested in women, so that seems like a start to me.... also, a friend's bf is "setting me up" with a friend of his, so maybe chatting with friends? I feel pretty weird about dating, as, before I was with my ex, I met people at festivals/parties and got together in that way. I've never really dated before, but now it seems more like an option,...
DD is 32 months and we're finally getting consistent "good night sleeps" of 6 or more hours uninterrupted more than 5 nights/week. We've coslept since the beginning and honestly, it was incredibly challenging and I didn't really sleep at all for about the first 28 months. However, now that we're night-weaned, she sleeps through the night and sleeps really deeply and I get a pretty great sleep. and, i'm significantly more used to sleeping with a wriggling little...
smocks and aprons? Hmm, that might work better than bibs (we have a little on who refuses bibs too). And sunshine! that's super easy! Thanks so much!!
Am I the only momma out there who can't possibly keep her toddler's clothes clean? I have a very active little 2.5 yr old girl who loves playing in dirt and eating messily. She refuses bibs and loves being outside. I don't really mind it to much, but sometimes, I wonder if it actually is possible to keep toddler clothes clean. Any tips? comiseration?
We got a book called "what I see I can be". It has a CD with it too. It helps kids imagine they are the things in the poses, like trees or mountains. My DD loves it and she's 2.5. she can't do all of them, but it gets her trying anyways. She naturally does some of the poses anyways. We also try to get her to focus on her breath, that seems to calm her down. Good luck momma!