or Connect

Posts by bettyboopbikermom

First of all to deny a child time with a parent ABSOLUTELY is abuse. Yes, the movie was wrong but who is perfect. If a child got taken every time a parent made a bad choice- you get it. It was wrong and it should be discussed and not happen again. As far as the father's age goes, I am pretty sure SHE knew his age when creating the child. It is unfair to now say he is too immature for fatherhood. If he is trying , let him try, let him learn. You have to pick your...
A little late to the party but I would have them removed. I would have DAD say that they are not allowed in his home. I would have them removed and have both girls nails and toes painted instead. 8) They are bad for her nail bed, and all together unhealthy and inappropriate. Eventually the Ex will stop paying to put them on if you keep taking them off.
Thanks everyone. I have made an appointment with both a counselor and a lawyer. DH is not ready to throw in the towel yet, which is surprising. He is hurt that DSD thinks of him as "disposable". Everyone is right, I am not her parent. For that I am glad! I have much greater expectations for MY children and I therefor get much greater results. I just want DSD to grow up mentally healthy, which at this point seems unlikely.
I feel SOOO much better now that I know this actually happens to OTHER people . Not that I would ever want anyone to go through it just that we are not crazy ! Also letting go of the anger towards DSD helped a lot. Now I am commited to helping her. I know that is wear I should have been from the start. One man was killed when his 10 year old shot him over bs like this . It is so ad that adults who once cared for each other can become so evil and use their own children....
Google it. This is when a custodial parent brainwashes the child to turn them against the non-custodial parent. In an effort to make the custodial parent happy the child will even testify to things that are not true.
Ok I have listened to all of you and spent hours researching. Child support will not be withheld. I do now realize that being 11 years old she is not able to stop her own manipulation. She is trying to make her mom happy. Because her mom has emotional issues she gets sad when DSD has fun with us . So, DSD makes up things that didn't happen and escalates what does happen to "prove" her dislike for being with us. This feeds her mom's insecurities. It is easy to be mad at...
Since BM refuses to let DH pick up DSD for court -ordered visitation can he refuse to pay child support ? Both are court ordered ? He was going to open a savings account in DSD's name and deposit the child support amount in it every month until we go back to court . That way it will show that he didn't use the child support money .
Another quick note is that I am fairly confident if we fought for custody, we would win. But, then the DSD would resent us for taking her from her mom and worsen the situation. The accusations may become worse because she would be lashing out at us who she will see as the enemy. The DSD is in counseling with her mom but if they don't tell the truth about the situation , the counselor thinks that WE are the cause of the childs problems when in fact we are the only ones...
He would not be telling her to choose sides , just to tell the truth. She is being manipulated, yes, but she also has some control over the situation. She starts the lies and then sits back while everyone fights. If she didn't start the lie then wouldn't that solve at least some issues. We would NEVER tell her she is out of our family, EVER . Only that she has to tell the truth about us. Going to court is all fine, which we will do regardless. However accusations are...
Boobybunny, It really upsets me that you didn't read all my posts before making such an opinionated, hurtful post about me. I am not coming in between my DH and DSD. I am the reason he hasn't given up already. He was tired of fighting years before now. The fight just keeps getting worse and now it is involving my boys. He is a REAL father and the notion that he isn't is hurtfull. Why else would we even be trying ? Do you not see what he is giving up for his child ?...