or Connect

Posts by NikkiTwist

I had someone at McD's (which I never ever eat but I NEEDED french fries) tell me that I should be "thinking of my babies health and not my own cravings". My Response: "Lady I spent 6 months of this pregnancy puking up bile. If I want a CARTON of G-D french fries, I'll damn well have them". Her: "Well aren't we a little hormonal today." ::::: Oh and my younger, newly in a relationship, non childbearing BROTHER informed me that "in his opinion"... cravings are...
the title says it all... I'm addicted to the Tire Aisle. All my late night jaunts end up with me deeply inhaling the smell of rubber... My DP is kinda freaked out. Anyone else with me on this?
We've done one of my DD's chest/belly (she's five). We're aiming for a cast for each trimester so we've done two of me so far. She (DD) really wanted to get hers done so we stood her in the tub and made it... she got really frazzled about having to stand still for longer than 10 seconds (sigh) and didn't like when we pulled it off (but she's a furry little kiddo... gotta love those indian genetics). It IS one of my favorite things ever though. It's a rectangle of plaster...
I flew with my DD down to Florida when she was 2.5 months old and then to England when she was 10 months old. It was much easier than I expected. She nursed A LOT on the plane and was content just being in my arms.
::ya know what my biggest irritation is? It's not that I can't sleep. Ok.. I'm dealing with that in a relatively rational albeit somewhat cranky way. I understand that no one can really make these stupid prodomal contractions any better and that like it or not, they're here for a while (until my belly inhabitant decides to mosey his way on out here). I CANT STAND that DP acts all injured, tired and mopey EVERY morning because we're sleeping in separate beds and thus she...
oooooooh carrier stash talk! As of now I have... A Choc. Moby Wrap A copper double layer silk SBP RS A red linen RS A black Kalea RS with a Sari Panel elephant on it A blue solarveil RS A With Child pouch with the Bubbles print What I am lusting after... A red birds didymos (size 5) A babyhawk with "sweet tweet" pattern A beco for the DP A silver cashmere Oopa RS (drooooool!) I'm addicted
ohmygoodness ladies! at moments like this, I'm totally giddy about being a lesbian! I haven't thought about bc in so long that I don't even know what options are available anymore! My head was spinning reading this thread! Good luck on all the decisions!
I'm officially over 37 weeks now. Wierd. On that note... I'm ready to meet my kid. The one who's doing the chacha against my ribs. I'm dilated to 4 and 65%effaced which I know means nothing but I want it to mean something... anything! I'm having wicked prodomal labor which kicks into high gear at 2 a.m every morning and I haven't slept in so long I don't remember what it feels like. Anyone else feel like they're gonna be pregnant forever? Oh and this shedding...
How did you and your partner meet? - We're one of those really wierd stories! I had just broken up with my partner of several years and moved back to Indy after living in Toronto for a while. I met a girl and we started dating. That relationship didn't work out but my partner Chris was that girl's best friend at the time. We started talking/dating about a year after having met. Soooo we met through my ex/her ex best friend and were very good friends for a long time...
There seems to be a rash of parents forgetting their kids in the car these days. I was reading an article the other day about how while death rates for children have drastically dropped once it became illegal for children to ride in the front of the car, those rates have been matched by the amount of children forgotten (and thus dying) in the back seat. hmmmmm When I was pregnant with my DD, I was in the parking lot of Meijjer, unloading my groceries into my trunk. I...